Scrolling Bug when reading pdf files with Brave on iPad

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

This bug is happening on IPad.

1. Open any pdf file / Go to the webpage that leads to any pdf file.
  2. You start scrolling down the screen of your pdf file with your finger touching the screen. Then you would see that the top bar of the brave browser will shrink.
  3. The problem occurs when you start scrolling up the screen. When you flick your finger/moving fast to scroll up your screen, the top menu bar of the brave browser pops out, opens up and the screen goes to the very first page of the pdf, with in a very short time, instantly.
    However, when you touch the screen to scroll upward all the way, in a slow manner, not flicking on the screen, not causing to pop up the top menu bar of the brave browser, then it behaves like normal, not flashing back to the first page.

Expected result: I have a video recording of this whole process, however since I’m a newbie in this community, I could not upload a video.
Like I mentioned in #3 above, the scrolling bug occurs only when you flick your finger so fast to scroll upward. I think the issue caused when the top menu bar is unshrinked, pops out open when you scroll upward of the pdf screen.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.61.1(24.1.4.20)

Mobile Device details : iPad Pro 12.9 (4th gen.) with iPadOS version 17.2

Additional Information:: This bug/issue has been going on for at least a couple of years.

Also, check this Brave Support post about someone else experiencing the same issue as I am.
https://community.brave.com/t/ipados-bug-opening-multi-page-pdfs-and-scrolling-to-the-bottom-hitting-the-end-makes-brave-jump-back-to-the-top-of-the-pdf/519753

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.