Screen display Error

Description of the issue:
Hello,
I downloaded this browser in march this year, and made the full transition from chrome a couple months ago. For some reason, when I’m using the browser, I sometimes get a weird display error, that will shake the window for a split-second, and a few hours later might make my screen turn black, therefore forcing me to enter sleep mode and reawaken it, so to speak. Other effects include purple horizontal lines going up from under the taskbar, and covering about a third of the screen
I should add, however, that I tried doing a screenshot of this, but it doesn’t actually appear on it. It only really shows to the user, it seems.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I don’t really know what triggers it. From my understanding, it’s an extended use of the browser that might cause it, because it usually happens late in the day.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

As you can see here, there’s a purple “thing” on my screen and a line under the taskbar.
Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
About once a day. Once .I turn the screen off and on, it usually doesn’t happen again
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 (64) and Brave Version 1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67

Additional Information:
I can’t say for sure it’s the browser that causes this, but since this computer is only 2.5 years old and the timeframe coincides with me starting to use it a lot, it is a strong guess. If you don’t know what could possibly be causing it on your end, please tell me so I know it’s a hardware issue
Thanks in advance

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.