Saving passwords to administer multiple WordPress sites

Brave browser will not save separate passwords for multiple WordPress site admin logins
Reproduce problem as follows:

1. Save your login information for one site you administer that uses the default WordPress login at site-url/wp-admin/.
  2. After that, go to log in to another site you administer that also uses the default WordPress login at another-site-url/wp-admin/.
  3. If you get he same behavior I’m seeing:

Expected result: Brave will ask if you want to update your existing “WordPress.com” username and password, even though neither site you’re trying to log into is on WordPress.com

Brave Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)
](…brave.com/latest/):

Additional Information:
I reach the pages I’m trying to log into via site-url/wp-admin/. Though none of the sites I administer has a site-url equal to wordpress.com, Brave only saves a single “wordpress.com” user name and password. If I try to save the login information for a second site, it offers to overwrite (“update”) the login information for the first.

I’m using Brave’s default password saving, not an add-on, and I imported all my Firefox passwords right after installing Brave.

Firefox never had any trouble keeping these sites and passwords separate. I’m hoping Brave developers will fix this bug.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. Your community software read my fake URLs as exceeding the “new user” link allotment. As a result, I had to make my explanation above less clear to get it posted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.