Saved passwords not importing from Chrome

Description of the issue: Saved Passwords not importing from Google Chrome. Still not importing after multiple attempts and browser restarts. I’ve downloaded a password .csv from Chrome but cannot find any manual password import option in the Brave settings.

Expected result: Saved Passwords importing from Chrome and populating Brave “Save Password” section of settings

Brave Version( check About Brave): [Version 1.3.118 Chromium: 80.0.3987.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

This one may help Import Password

i was having the same problem, but i eventually found where the brave csv file import was. check:

settings > additional settings > autofill > passwords, then the 3 dots at the top next to ‘saved passwords’ > import.

hope that helps! :slight_smile:

You should really be using a password manger like Lastpass, 1Password, or Bitwarden.

Hello, i imported password.csv from chrome and ff. In brave they were listed in the saved password section. If i restart the brave browser, all passwords are gone. To me it seems as if i missed a button to save all imported passwords.
Seccond thing is that if i imported them again, having them listed in the saved password section and trying log into one of the listed pages w/o having restarted the browser and auto-login activated, it still doesn’t work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.