Saved passwords gone - unable to sync

Description of the issue: password gone - unable to sync

Expected result:
should be able to sync using the phrase

Reproduces how often: all time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Version 1.43.89 Chromium: 105.0.5195.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

suddenly all passowrd gone, and brave browser was not accessible to some sort of secure place in the hard drive, but after doing

[quote=“Saoiray, post:6, topic:428517”]

If you’re on Desktop or Android:

1. Go to brave://sync-internals
  2. Click on `Disable Sync (Clear Data)
  3. Close Brave
  4. Set up Sync again (they didn’t specify whether could link to prior sync or if create a new one)

I got my sync menu back,
but when I enter brave sync phrase, now this is the error,

Probably the code you’re using was generated by a device which is/was using probably very old version of brave. You will have to update it first I guess and then you can sync.
Also I guess try renaming the topic. It sounds a bit different than you expected it to lol

I have no Idea, I was using Brave since before 2019 I think, I had a one laptop I updated it and sync code not working on my currunt laptop, same error, This happened one time before, so I was keeping all the passwords sync with google chrome too, huh
feel like using Brave browser too much it cannot hadle at one point. eg : * 130165 Trackers & ads blocked * 3.78GB Bandwidth saved * 1.8hours Time saved *

@hutchnd Sync code has been 25 words for a while now. So with you doing 24 words, means yours is outdated. On top of that, current 25 word code actually changes daily, so you can’t keep it as a backup.

Good news is just the 25th word is what changes, at least for now. So typically for someone like you, can just add the 25th word. One of the devs created a site where you can check the 25th word, which you just need to add to the end of your phrase. Link to site is https://alexeybarabash.github.io/25th-brave-sync-word/

Todays’ word, if you want to hurry and add it, is avoid

As to sync, keep in mind their warning.

Warning: Brave does not officially support using the Sync code as a backup and you should not rely on this continuing to work in to the future. Use the export functionality in bookmarks and the password manager instead.

1 Like

you can try to follow my method I can't sync my account after format my laptop - #5 by cheekean2012

1 Like

Thanks but no time for fixing errors, I’ll be back when they fix BAT token out of region issue and this issue, I tried the Vivaldi browser and it keep crashing randomly, so back to chrome again, as this happened to me before I was keep backups password on chrome :smiley: posted this for community, gg

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.