"Save to PDF" in Print dialogue causes Brave to Lock

When I try to “save to PDF” in Brave’s print dialogue, Brove doesn’t respond. I can send to printer ok.

Brave version: Version 1.39.111 Chromium: 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (arm64)

@rayw

Using Brave Browser for Mac, version 1.39.111 . . .

Ran thru the steps, in order to ‘Save as PDF’ the Brave Community web page of your issue.

1st, I chose the ‘Print …’ command

Print_command

2nd, the following window was displayed. Some time passed by, while I waited for the Preview to display in the left-hand pane; while the right-hand pane showed immediately:

3rd, given that the left-hand pane filled in as you see in the screenshot above, I clicked on the ‘Save’ button at the lower right of that display.

4th, a Finder > Save As dialog window displayed:

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 5.49.20 AM

5th, and I gave the OK to download the PDF file to the Downloads folder.

6th, the downloaded PDF file. I had to export that PDF file - using the Mac’s Preview application - to a PNG file, for uploading to this Brave Community web page:

So, I had to wait for the Preview to display, but I am accustomed to waiting for that, before Saving. Because not waiting has sometimes led to trouble.

Yet, for many months, I have been well aware that a lingering bug has existed, such that, trying to download a PDF file and save the PDF file to some destination that exists on a network (instead of directly to a folder on the computer) . . . has frustrated some Brave Browser users.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.