Save to Home Screen & permanent font increase size

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue: NO ISSUE JUST REQUEST

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. COULD YOU ADD TO THE SHARE THE OPTION TO SAVE SITES TO THE HOME SCREEN AND ALSO ABILITY TO INCREASE THE FONT PERMANENTLY FOR PEOPLE WITH POOR EYE SIGHT.

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

Additional Information:

2 Likes
  1. If you open menu you have an add to home screen option
  2. You can enable force zoom to override the websites zoom preferences. You can also increase the size for all tabs by increasing the text scaling options which can be found under Accessibility in settings

Hope this helps

1 Like

Many thanks for getting back with this info but when I open the settings link there is no option to save to Home Screen and no accessibility link to change font size etc and when I go and look in the App Store there is no update link eithe so the browser has the current version Version 1.20 (20.09.11.20)Device iPad Pro 12.9 Inch 2. Generation (iOS 14.0.1)

Sorry, I thought it was Android. Unfortunately, these options of customization are not available on iOS. I think you could enable the double-tap zoom via accessibility on device setting to help with zoom. iOS doesn’t allow other browsers to add pages to the home screen, That feature is only limited to Safari as of now. Hopefully, Apple allows(wishful thinking) such features beyond Safari in upcoming iOS 14 updates or in future

That’s OK not a problem. I should have noted that for you. So disappointing that Apple don’t allow this when they now allow us to set a few other browsers as our default browser. We pay enough to Apple to at least have the courtesy to let us use a few other options that they don’t supply in their system but thanks so much for advising me. I will see if I can change the zoom anyway from your instructions.

This again :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.