Save password not prompted

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:
I recently changed from Firefox to Brave and its working great. I have not experienced that on my
router and local NAS the username and password are not prompting the save password window.
I dont know why that is. On FF it did save them but Brave dont seem to detect i’m typing login/password.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Go to my router address: https://192.168.1.1:6444
  2. Go to my NAS: https://192.168.1.100
  3. Type in my login + passw
  4. Expecting Brave to prompt me to save my login + password but nothing happens.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Brave to prompt me to save my login + password but nothing happens
Expected result:
Brave prompt me to save my login + password.

Reproduces how often:
Many times
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10
Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:
I have read the similar topics and they are not the same as this problem. Maybe i missed something but i did search.

1 Like

Anyone else that has this issue?
Can someone please verify this also? it is not very hard to reproduce.

@vampyren,
Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the late reply. Threads can sometimes get lost in the shuffle – please feel free to bump your thread or ping me (or any admin) if your issue isn’t getting addressed here on Community.

As for the issue you’re describing – I’m able to login to my personal Router and save the password if desired. If I’m understanding you correctly, the browser does offer to save your password, but when you elect to save it and look in the list of saved credentials, you don’t see this option listed. Is that correct?

If so, are you able to save login/passwords data for other sites?

Hello @Mattches and thanks for getting back to me. I understand that you guys have tons of tickets to go through so i’m just grateful for the help.

The problem is that the browser does NOT offer me to save the login and password even.
So far i never had problem with any other site that i can remember.
Its only when its local “stuff”. Like my QNPAP dashboard (NAS) and router.

1 Like

@vampyren,
When you login to your router or some other local device/service, are you doing so through a separate window that appears, or is it in tab just as if you were logging into a website? Additionally, have you tried this with Shields down? If not, do so.

I’m just using another tab like all other sites.
I have also turned off the Shield. Also cleared cache and everything.

@vampyren,
To clarify, you can login to your router page/Local NAS, it’s just not offering to save the credentials, correct?

If so, when you do login, do you see this icon on the right side of the address bar?

Yes correct, it does not offer me to save the password. And no i dont see any key . I dont remember seeing a key of any other site i been even when it works.

Like here i dont see a key like yours:

@vampyren,
Do you get offered to save your password/credentials on other sites? Additionally, is this option enabled in Settings --> Autofill --> Passwords?

Hi,

Yes it is ON since it works on all other sites and it ask me to save when i visit new sites. Its just local pages i have issue with.

1 Like

No more ideas i guess :cold_sweat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.