Save Logins turned off is being ignored

Description of the issue:

Save Logins is switched off yet the browser keeps offering to save them each time.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Switch off SAVE LOGINS , enter a site with credentials, see if system still offers to save them.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

The Save this password prompt just pops up each time.

Expected result:

It should not offer it.

Reproduces how often:

Always.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

I happens in my mobile versions for iOS and iPadOS. Not on Desktop.

Brave >>> Version 1.30.1 (21.8.17.19)

Additional Information:

I have closed the browser and reopen. I have switched the feature on and off over again, no change.

1 Like

@Lmarch,
Thank you for reaching out.
Testing on my end on my iPad (v1.30.1), toggling the option “off” does work as intended. I tested by:

1. Toggling Save logins “off”
  2. Visit crunchyroll.com and hulu.com (not logged in)
  3. Authenticate into the site

I was not prompted to save the password. Is there a particular site you’re seeing this behavior on or is it any site in which you have to login?

1 Like

My bad, I guess it was quite relevant to mention this is happening in the intranet of a college website. The login happens in a floating prompt to login. Would providing the link help? (Difficult to recreate without credentials)

@Lmarch,
Since I do not have credentials it wouldn’t help much to have the link (at this time). That said, can you try testing on other sites and see if you get the same results or if the toggle works as intended?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.