Same hardware. Format OS drive, install windows. Copy default profile. NO extensions or startup pages

Fairly new to Brave. Long-time Chrome user.

Win10 Pro x64.

PRIOR to deleting all partitions on OS drive, saved C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware to another drive.

NO changes to hardware. Delete ALL partitions on OS drive. Boot from USB, install clean copy of Windows. Install Brave v1.12.112 2020-08-18 BraveBrowserSetup.exe. Brave opens at end of install. Close immediately.

Rename C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware to BraveSoftware.new. Copy C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware back from saved drive. Open Brave. Bookmarks appear to all be there. ZERO extensions. It does not remember ANY of my startup pages. Hard to tell what else is missing.

1. HOW do I get all my settings back?
  2. HOW do I make a full backup of all settings for Brave to be able to restore later?

I am used to Chrome where I can copy the entire directory structure to backup everything, and then copy it back to restore. Either I have made a number of horrible mistakes or Brave doesn’t work the same way as Chrome.

Need more information. Feel free to repost to #support-and-troubleshooting:desktop-support and fill in the template.