Rewind and Fast Forward not working on videos

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Rewind and Fast Forward not working on videos.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Start a video in Bitchute or Rumble, etc.
  2. Stop player after a few minutes
  3. Try to click before or click past the place you stopped

Expected result:
Video player clocks, doesn’t continue

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Mobile Device details
Galaxy S21 5G
UI 4.1
Android 12

*Additional Information:

@dhoward8816,
Thank you for reaching out.
I am not able to reproduce this on my end using very similar device/settings (all the same except Galaxy S22+). I went to Bitchute, let a video play for ~3m, paused it and was able to drag the video control bar forward/backwards, hit play and resume playback at the point I dragged to. I also tested doing this while the video was playing as well.

Is there anything else particular about your device or browser setup? Also, I’m wondering if you try this in a Private browsing window whether or not you get the same behavior?

Hi Matthches,

Thanks so much for checking out my issue. I have gone back into Brave, in Bitchute, and had success with fast forward and rewind just like you did.

I should have mentioned I sometimes accidentally close Brave. When I go back in to the video I was watching and try to start from where I left off, it clocks and does not re-load and run. If I click before or after that point, I still have the clocking issue. Maybe I messed up the buffering somehow?

This does NOT happen in a private window though, you are right.

Regardless, thank you for answering so quickly.

Sincerely,

Deborah Howard

Please try clearing your cache/browsing data for the site this is occurring on then test again:

1. Visit bitchute
  2. Click the “lock” icon in the address bar
  3. Click Site settings
  4. Then click Clear data

Refresh the page and test again (in a normal window in your normal profile) and check to see if the issue persists.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.