Rewards unable to be set up on Linux

Briefly describe your issue:

Brave on Linux doesn’t seem to have a way to activate Rewards, there is a “back and forth” loop without the ability to enable rewards or connect Uplift.

Steps:

• Create new tab.
  • Click on “Start using Rewards”. This brings up the pop-up from the triangle in the URL bar.
  • Click on gear icon, this brings up brave://rewards/
  • Click on “Start using Brave Rewards”, this brings up the pop-up from the triangle in the URL bar.
  • Click on “Unverified”. This brings up brave://rewards/

I recently set up Brave Rewards on my MacOS system and didn’t have this problem, but I don’t remember exactly how it was different. In this case on Linux it seems to just loop between the pop-up and the brave://rewards/

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Ubuntu 22.04, Brave 1.45.123

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

I don’t think so, but on my MacOS machine I have a verified wallet connected to Uplift. I don’t seem to be able to do the actions that would allow me to verify my wallet on Linux.

What date did you verify your wallet?

A week ago.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

On MacOS, yes, on Linux no.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes, USA.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

N/A

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

No

Here is a video showing this in action: https://youtu.be/fqLWt9GBDP0

That seems to be an issue. The team is working on it. Hopefully, will have a fix soon. Not only on Linux, also on other OSes, so some problem in Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.