Rewards showing HUGE number of BAT (1288490217.9) designated to creators

Hi guys,

I launched Brave on my spare machine for the first time in a while. I had set it up previously to “restore” my wallet from another machine, but then the spare machine went in the cupboard to be forgotten about for a few weeks.

When I launched Brave, the browser seemed to “re-restore” the wallet from the other machine. This has worked fine (don’t know if that’s supposed to happen or not, but hey ho!), except for the fact that the Rewards panel now shows I have 1.2 billion BAT designated for creators… which is simply impossible - I haven’t had that many ads :wink:

See the bottom right of this image:

2 Likes

I would love to see that message on my wallet. :wink:

2 Likes

Could you imagine!? Now that would be something else. :slight_smile:

Whilst I’d love to set aside that amount of BAT for my favourite sites each month (LOL!), I’m pretty sure that the figure is the total amount of BAT in circulation at the moment? See: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/basic-attention-token/

I’m still seeing this figure on my Mac, but not seeing it on any Windows machine I use at the moment.

1 Like

This is what mine says:
You’ve designated 858993491.2 BAT for creators who haven’t yet signed up to receive contributions. Your browser will keep trying to contribute until they verify, or until 90 days have passed. Learn more.
I did not designate anything, not knowingly.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.