Rewards in news

Briefly describe your issue: No longer seeing brave rewards in Brave news on the articles on the right hand side (bat icon). I used to get these in some.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Win 10 1.42.97

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) yes

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes

Hi All,

Does anyone know if brave news section rewards have been switched off please?

I get regular but they have stopped thanks.

Hi

Open customise, and check if Rewards Card is hidden

thanks. Mine isn’t hidden by looks of things. I have ad rewards, just not news.

Could any admin help please if possible?.

I understand you may be busy but just trying to understand why it stopped.

Thanks a lot

Hi guys,

Sorry to bother but have the ads rewards on news been stopped, or do i have a problem with my settings?

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated

You talking about not viewing inline content ads after scrolling the new tab?

Kind of. The ads that showed up in Brave News were part of NTP and all, sponsored images. People were able to constantly get them to show by reloading and opening new tabs, even getting paid past the ad limit. So not long ago, they slowed down how often we can see or get paid on those types of things.

I forget the limit, like 1 per hour and only so many a day? @g00z probably remembers better than I. Those details I usually don’t care about, as it’s just whatever ads we get, we get. Never stressed as much as other people do.

Btw, I’ll try to remember to ask about it later and get better clarification. Maybe even go back and listen to prior call(s) to see if they mentioned there. But no promises.

Sponsored Image Ad (background image) is different from Inline Content Ad (cards on News). They have different limits and mechanism.

I think he’s talking about Inline Content Ads which occasionally appears while scrolling News on new tab.

First you have to scroll down the new tab page and Enable it. See image:

If you already have it enabled but no Ads it’s probable due to campaign shortage at the moment.

Indeed I noticed very few Inline Content Ads being served lately. I’m earning 1 per day only.

NTP?

If available on catalog…

4 per hour (1 every 15 minutes)
20 per day

The difference is we can’t earn 4 in a row like we used to.

2 Likes

Yes i do have the news enabled and i do actually like the articles. Yes was the new articles with the little bat symbol in the top right hand corner.

So basically some idiots got greedy, hence them not being there.

Idiots.

We’ll find out. If g00z is right, not necessarily.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.