Rewards for August significantly less than usual

Briefly describe your issue:
my August rewards were close to 1/3 of what i normally earn, but my usage stayed the same. 1.25 BAT is, by far, the lowest amount i have recieved.

What Operating System and Brave version
Android 12 Build SP1A.210812.016
Brave 1.43.90. Chromium 105.0.5195.102

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No

What date did you verify your wallet?
N/A

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes. Every month after a confused start
this is the first reward issue ive had.
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes. USA
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes. S21 Ultra
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Off. One time tips and monthly tips for august read 0.

This has been an issue going on for a while. That is normal. The earnings for any month is just an estimation provided by your browser.
The actual amount is then calculated at the beginning of the following month by their servers, based on the true value that is paid by the advertisers.

There is always a small difference. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

I know that the estimated amount is ALWAYS more than i recieve. I said i recieved 1/3 of the amount i usually do and my usage didnt change. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the estimated amount. Lmao i wish i recieved that much! Already almost 5 BAT on only the 11th…

There’s been some problems with payout recently causing less paid out BATs to users. They’re fixing this since a while now… It should be fixed soon but no time line.

There are changes on the way ads are displayed.
Brave News have less ads now than in the past. Also, the system expects some time gap between views in order to count them.
New tab ads are now shown only once every 15min (if I am not mistaken) instead of 1 per 4 tabs.
Push notifications are also less than in the past.

Basically it is a combination of two factors. The market situation that pushes companies to cut costs. And changes in the ads display criteria that tries to get as close as possible to a real human usage of the browser to avoid fraudulent usage and bots.

1 Like

I would not sweat it sometimes that happens and it is a estimate of how many BAT you will receive. I think we have all had it happen and missed dates was pretty frequent before. just remember the more you use the browser the more you’ll get so if the internet usage was lower that month i would expect more. Also when the price of BAT moves I noticed the rewards amount does too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.