Rewards - Enable Ads Disabled

Description of the issue:
Brave rewards option is disabled and can not be enabled, it’s like this post Unable to enable rewards - #3 by StiggmataaJ

I already tried the steps of that post but the issue remains.

Brave worked properly til September 30, even I received Ads and was paid with BAT.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I formatted my PC and reinstalled Brave. I didn’t connect Brave to Uphold. It’s a completly fresh and new installation.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
I can not enable Ads, it’s disabled.

Expected result:
Ads, it’s disabled.

Reproduces how often:
Always.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave: 1.30.89 Chromium: 94.0.4606.81 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
Revision: 5a03c5f1033171d5ee1671d219a59e29cf75e054-refs/branch-heads/4606@{#1320}
Operative System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Additional Information:

@carlfus,
Thanks for reaching out.
Can you tell me if you have any BAT still left in the browser wallet at this time?

Hi,

No, right now I have zero BAT in the browser wallet.

@carlfus,
Got it – so I’m wondering if you wallet is in a corrupted state right now. Can you go to your brave://rewards-internals page and tell me if it shows a wallet ID or a ‘wallet not created’ message?

Hi, it shows “wallet not created”

@carlfus,
So the best way for you to resolve this at this time, since you have no BAT in your wallet, is to reset your Rewards and start with a fresh wallet. This is actually a known issue that has a fix being implemented down the road but if you want to continue earning now, you’ll have to reset your Rewards wallet.

Go to Settings --> Brave Rewards --> Gear icon --> Reset and after resetting you should be able to enable Ads again without issue.

1 Like

Hi, I did everything you told me, but unfortunately the issue remains.

Do you think this is due to the network? maybe any change in the settings of the router?

@carlfus,
Wait so you Reset Brave Rewards entirely and you still cannot enable Ads?

Can you please send me a DM with your (new?) wallet payment ID found on your brave://rewards-internals page?

Yes, I Reset Brave Rewards entirely and I still cannot enable Ads. :frowning:

@carlfus,
Thank you for testing – looking into this now and I do appreciate your patience.

Thanks for your effort, I really appreciate it. Sorry, but I don’t have a Wallet ID. The message says that my Wallet has not been created yet. I really don’t understand what is going on, because I used to receive BAT properly a couple of months ago. Even I have an Uphold account.