Revert "Always allow … to open links of this type in the associated app?"

I clicked on “Always allow … to open links of this type in the associated app?” to open notion.so app on the Notion app. I’m trying to reverse this process to actually have notion links open on the Brave browser and not on the app. I can’t find any solution that works. I found a couple of people saying to go to protocol handlers but notion.so is not listed under handlers. Any solutions? Thanks

Hello @mokauai

Thank you for reaching us and we’re happy to assist you. Could you please share the following information:

1 - What kind of device and OS do you have?
2 - Have you updated to the latest Brave version?

Be waiting for your response!

You’d think they would be listed under brave://settings/handlers – however I’m also unable to see where a user can view previously allowed protocol handlers and remove them.

Chrome appears to be the same, so I don’t think this is a Brave specific issue, but rather a poor original design by Google.

They should really do what Microsoft have done and implement an area such as edge://settings/content/applicationLinks where users can view and delete them.

Try the following:

1) Go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData

2) Select the “Advanced” tab.

3) Untick all of the boxes.

4) Tick the Hosted app data box – so it’s the only one selected.

5) Click the “Clear Data” button.

If that doesn’t work, try the following:

1) Go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData

2) Select the “Advanced” tab.

3) Untick all of the boxes.

4) Tick the Cookies and other site data box – so it’s the only one selected.

5) Click the “Clear Data” button. :warning: Be aware that this will log you out of all websites.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.