Resume previous session entirely rubbish

The bugs of this buggy browser are getting more and more ridiculous.

Today the browser only opened 2 of the 11 windows i had open in previous session. I had 11 windows containing tabs varying from 50 to 97, so not a huge number of tabs all together at all! i had 2000 tabs open in chrome or firefox easily without problems.

I reopened Brave after restarting the laptop, and with the 2 out of my 11 previous windows opened on startup, sound is playing from a youtube video that was not from any tabs within these 2 windows. I manually went to the history pop up menu and re-opened the other 9 windows from a messy pile of recently closed tabs and windows, many of which double, and even though i found the window containing the youtube tab that was STOPPED and NOT PLAYING.

And YET the sound keeps playing on.

Eventually the sound drove me nuts and i shut down Brave again. Then reopened and the problem stayed EXACTLY the SAME. Then i restarted laptop and now i open BRAVE and i only have 2 windows left, the other 9 are gone, permanently, nowhere to be found in the recently closed pop up bar. THANKS A LOT BRAVE!

1 Like

this same problem occured on my outdoor machine surface pro as well. only 1 window upon restart. other previously opened windows gone!

1 Like

Same issue here, I am a multi window multi tab user with a total of ~120 Tabs … Many of these tabs are very important to me, some work todo later for example, or things I like and want to watch later and so on…

I usually shutdown my computer at the evening with my browsers open, and just start it after next startup; everything was there in Chrome, Brave, Firefox - but a few days ago Brave killed all my Windows except one.

First time happened, I didn’t start Brave after a restart; I opened a Link from Outlook (default Browser is Brave) => it only reopened that one window…
I instantly safued the Current Session / Current Tabs / Last Session / Last Tabs files and used the last S and last T files for restoring everything with the restore previous session button which will appear then but…
Now like in the post, I reopen Brave, everything is gone instead of one … so I have to copy that again and again and again…
In Task Manager it opens many processes, when closing the only one restored Window and even by killing it in task manager (the Process Tab the Active Brave group) many processes in details remain…
This is a serous issue…
Currently I always make advertisement for Brave, cause it is / was the best Browser in my view but when this doesn’t get fixed within the next 14 days I will have to quit Brave.

After creating a new window for each window and moving each tab for every window in the new window for the window it restored 2/5 windows, next time 3/5, very disappointing

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise x64 v1909 Build 18363.535, OS fresh installed on 12th October 19;
Brave: [Version 1.1.21 Chromium: 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)]
Hardware:
Aourus Master x570, Ryzen 9 3900x, RTX 2080 Ti , G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2x16) cl16 19 19 39, 2 TB Aourus PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Sorry for my English, I tried my best without using any translator…

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Same issue often but not everytime: only 1 window is restored…
Luckily I can manually right-clic and “reopen closed window” to get my session back.
But this needs a quick fix, the browser is unuseable this way…

1 Like

Thank you all for reporting this. I’ve forwarded this information o the development team for further investigation – appreciate everyone’s patience.

1 Like

Same issue.
I think the problem has appeared in the latest version of Brave, Version 1.1.22 Chromium: 79.0.3945.79 (Official version) (64 bits), it had never happened to me before.
I had the same problem with google chrome, it has been fixed with the latest chrome update, Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64 bits)

Please, You can explain where you right-click to “reopen closed window” for get my session back?
Thanks in advanced

@mikl,
Simply right-click in the tab bar to get this option:

Additionally, you can use the ctrl + shift + t to reopen close tabs.

Same issue here, was using 3 Brave Windows with 20 to 40 tabs each and after rebooting my Windows computer only 1 tab comes back. Windows 10 1909, Brave 1.1.22. If I change the startup options to open current tabs I see all of my windows that were supposed to open up. I then close Brave and open it again only to see a blank new window. If I go to History I can restore a single window of tabs or browse through the junk listing of closed windows to restore, but not all show up. Highly annoying and considering dropping Brave back for Chrome.

1 Like

@tbone.slayer,
So you don’t see the windows you had previously open with x number of tabs in it in your history?

Seems like that the issue has been fixed in Ver. >=
[Version 1.1.23 Chromium: 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Thank you for fixing the issue, or if it was Chromium, thanks for updating it. :smiley:

Hello, I’m here because I had the same issue, Brave didn’t resume my previous session, just a single window and 10 tabs. Recovered through history just like @Mattches wrote.
My version is the latest, 1.2.43 Chromium, and I’m on Ubuntu Linux - but don’t think this is an OS-dependent issue.
I write here coz I 've read up here that the bug was fixed since 1.1.23 version, but this is not the case for me. Anyone else?
Thx

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.