Results seem politically skewed

Just to warn you, someone is flagging opinions they don’t like. Someone just tried to censor this post:

They have an automated message that says if you edit it the censorship disappears so I pushed the edit button and added a sentence to get it back up. There are censorship operatives who are against free speech here.

Just looked up “Creation Museum Biblical authority”. The first two results were a hit piece attack on the Bible Museum in DC. Not the same museum and also a liberal slant. When I type in my interests, 99% of the time the search brings up an attack some liberal journalist made.

1 Like

Having used your search engine for a while, I have to say it seems extremely bias toward the left.

If your algorithm relies heavily on user data you have to understand that it will be bias and censor by default (whether this is intentional or not). Another thing to take into account is that if users perceive your search engine as bias (and do not get what they are looking for) you are most likely to lose these users, making your search results even more bias (because your user base only retain users that share this bias). This is a common problem in ML based algorithms (which is why data is often redistributed/altered using standard techniques such as SMOTE etc before actually feeding any algorithm).

At your scale I’m not so sure you should rely this heavily on user-data. Most search engines will do fine with searches related to mathematics or non-political or non-opinion related searches. However when it comes to politics or view-points, this can become an issue.

Im not normally on Russia side but They were right on both statements when our gov and media got caught lying to all of us. Russia said they were going in to get the Nazis out and Go after the bio-labs… Well what do we find… Ukraine Does have a huge Nazi group and we just dumped billion of our tax dollars to support them. We also learn they have been killing tons of their own people for years. Then the Gov and our media and FACT CHECKER lied to us about their being Bio-labs. All until Marko Rubio asked them and they spilled the beans. So now they use our tax money to destroy illegal bio-labs they denied we supported… all TIED into Hunter and Joe which Trump was so called impeached for DARE asking and looking into the connection. This is why a fair and real search engine is needed. Most have no clue whats going on and most media is controlled and corrupted. I have reported to Brave about the one sided search. I look on this forum and many people complained for a while and looks like after a year they still cant even it out. Sad.