Restoring Password from Saved Profile Folder

Hey team,

I’ve accidentally deleted my profile on Brave. I was able to restore both my tabs and bookmarks by copying the files in my original profile (Default) to a new profile (Profile 1), via the LocalAppData method that has been discussed on this board prior.

However, I have been unable to locate the file where my stored passwords live in the original folder. As there is optionality to restore the passwords to this newly created account, I’m keen to know how I can do so from the data in my original (Default) folder.

Expected Result: Successfully being able to reupload my passwords.

Brave Version: Latest, as of 9/28/21

Context: Had (Default) profile, accidentally deleted. Copied folders/data from Local App Data folder into new profile (Profile 1) and was able to restore tabs/bookmarks. Looking to restore passwords but can’t find the appropriate file in the original profile (Default). Still have original folder backed up and untouched.

Please let me know if there’s any additional information I can provide.

Thanks in advance!

Restoring the entire C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default would be the safest option.

Got it, yeah that most likey makes sense. How would I execute that?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.