Restoring deleted cookies

I just deleted cookies from the last 4 weeks, is it possible to restore them? I fear it locked me out of some of my google account for good.

Expected result:
Restoring deleted cookies

Brave Version
1.25.72 Chromium: 91.0.4472.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@Glas,
It is not possible to recover that data, unfortunately. The good news is that it’s not likely that you’ll be locked out of your Google account – cookies are typically used to store session and login data, but aren’t tied to your actual account. That is, deleting cookie data should not lock you out or prevent you from logging into your account.

I was already locked out because of a false positive fez months ago, I had hope that with time passing google will end up unflagging my account and that then cookies of past connections would help it recognize me since apparently knowing my login and password isn’t enough.

Why is that be impossible? Trashing a file and emptying the trash doesn’t delete files until they get overrighted by something new. Aren’t the deleted cookies somewhere in the limbo?

They are not – cookies files/date are deleted from the browser directly. I’m still unclear on how clearing your cookies has locked you out of your Google account.

I was already locked out because of a false positive, I hoped that keeping cookies of past connections would help me get my account back eventually.

Where is the cookie folder on windows?

~/Users/[your user name]/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/

I can’t find it, is it possible that it is hidden somehow?

There’s a chance that if you deleted all your cookies then the file may not be there but I believe the file should be there regardless, even if it’s empty. It should be at the bottom of the Default folder, labeled Cookies.

Ok I think I found it. Is “Cookie” a file, not a folder?

@Glas,
Yes, that is correct.

Ok, thank you you’ve been very helpful

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.