"Restart browser to apply changes" not working

Two days ago i had to reinstall my Windows OS. I copied the “Default” folder from appdata and passwords list as instructed and after OS and browser reinstallation i replaced the “Default” folder with the old one and imported the password list.
Browser seems to work ok with everything in place but when i open “Settings” i always get the “Restart browser to apply changes”. I do the restart but message is still there everytime.
Also im trying to delete sync chain but it wont let me, maybe because of the above message.

If i reinstall browser without the default folder (reinstalling only the bookmarks and passwords) would it affect my rewards? I think im at the device limit.

Browser: 1.24.86 Chromium: 90.0.4430.212

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Hey AdrianMV,

As long as you don’t uninstall your current version of Brave, and instead just rerun the installer, or download a new one and run that, your rewards will not be affected.

Thank you for your reply Adrian (nice name :stuck_out_tongue: )

I did that but the “Your changes will take effect the next time you relaunch Brave” message is still there…

@AdrianMV,
To confirm, you already have 4 devices/browser wallets linked to your Uphold account (including this device in question), is that correct?

I think so… I have 3 laptops and an android phone which i havent verified yet with uphold. I did a OS reinstall on main laptop and reinstalled Brave with the old “Default” folder which gave me the above problem. How can i check for sure?

No solution then? Just reinstall browser without “default” folder and whatever happens?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.