"Restart browser to apply changes" not working

Two days ago i had to reinstall my Windows OS. I copied the “Default” folder from appdata and passwords list as instructed and after OS and browser reinstallation i replaced the “Default” folder with the old one and imported the password list.
Browser seems to work ok with everything in place but when i open “Settings” i always get the “Restart browser to apply changes”. I do the restart but message is still there everytime.
Also im trying to delete sync chain but it wont let me, maybe because of the above message.

If i reinstall browser without the default folder (reinstalling only the bookmarks and passwords) would it affect my rewards? I think im at the device limit.

Browser: 1.24.86 Chromium: 90.0.4430.212

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Hey AdrianMV,

As long as you don’t uninstall your current version of Brave, and instead just rerun the installer, or download a new one and run that, your rewards will not be affected.

Thank you for your reply Adrian (nice name :stuck_out_tongue: )

I did that but the “Your changes will take effect the next time you relaunch Brave” message is still there…

@AdrianMV,
To confirm, you already have 4 devices/browser wallets linked to your Uphold account (including this device in question), is that correct?

I think so… I have 3 laptops and an android phone which i havent verified yet with uphold. I did a OS reinstall on main laptop and reinstalled Brave with the old “Default” folder which gave me the above problem. How can i check for sure?

No solution then? Just reinstall browser without “default” folder and whatever happens?