Requesting geolocation is failing on MacOS

Web pages that require geolocation to work are failing, like Hulu and Google Maps, on IMac using Catalina.

To reproduce we just need to e.g. try to make Google Maps locate you or try to log in to Hulu and it will fail saying the location can’t be found, even if the location icon on the address bar will show the browser is allowing that page to request location.

Expected result:
Pages should be able to get geolocation

Version 1.16.76 Chromium: 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (x86_64)
macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Additional Information:
On “Settings / Security & Privacy / Location Services” I can see the apps that requested Mac OS to access device’s location, but Brave never did and it’s not listed there.
I used Safari to watch Hulu and Safari was listed there after I allowed it to request geolocation.

Hi there!

I have the exact same issue, but in Big Sur.

In the beginning, Brave was giving me some location, but it was totally messed up. I read somewhere about cleaning the cache and remove the cookies from Google Maps (which the app I mainly used). I did so and, after that, I am completely unable to load any location.

The last point I think it is important. OSX has no registry that Brave ever asked for location within the last 24hrs, so I wonder whether it is something that got broken during some update and not a cache issue.

Anyone has any idea?

If you guys want to be localized and tracked by Google/Facebook/Apple/Microsoft, I suggest you use a different browser…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.