Request for refund of lost earnings due to false black flag on my account

• I state that I have already solved my black flag but I would like a refund of lost earnings
    Hi I have received a black flag on my Brave account for several months without any irregularities and this has not allowed me to receive any income.
    I wanted to ask if it was possible to have an estimated reimbursement of the period where by mistake of the automatic system I was banned, thanks

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

I don’t think this will happen. Flagging is a process they use to protect against fraud. Unfortunately, users who are falsely flagged get caught up in the system. Given the stress and inefficiencies the Brave support system seems to have (trying to be nice here… :stuck_out_tongue:), the process to remove false flags can take a while… like months… It is definitely not an ideal process but it is what it is. :frowning_face:

The Help Center article on flagged accounts (for anyone reading who hasn’t seen):
What does it mean when my Brave Rewards profile is “flagged”?

Posted the part of the Brave Rewards: User Terms of Service below that I think deals with this type request. Don’t know for sure, not a lawyer - don’t have any legal expertise at all but I think it probably applies. lol

TL:DR Brave is Not Responsible for Any Loss of Any Kind

12. Indemnification

To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Company and our respective past, present and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns (the “Company Parties” ) from and against all claims, demands, actions, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from or relate to:

• (a) your access or use of the Services, including any contributions you make as part of the Services,
  • (b) your responsibilities or obligations under these Terms,
  • (c) your violation of these Terms, or
  • (d) your violation of any rights of any other person or entity.

Company reserves the right to exercise sole control over the defense, at your expense, of any claim subject to indemnification under this Section 12. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Company.

13. Disclaimers

To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and except as otherwise specified in writing by us:

• (a) the Services are made available on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind;
  • (b) we expressly disclaim all implied warranties as to the Services, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement;
  • (c) we do not represent or warrant that the Services are reliable, current or error-free, meet your requirements, or that defects in the Services will be corrected; and
  • (d) we cannot and do not represent or warrant that the Services are free of malware or other harmful components.

Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or disclaimer of implied terms in contracts with consumers, so some or all of the exclusions of warranties and disclaimers in this section may not apply to you.

14. Limitation of Liability

(a) To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law:

• (i) in no event will Company or any of the Company Parties be liable to you for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, where related to loss of revenue, income or profits, loss of use or data, or damages for business interruption) regardless of the form of action, whether based in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, simple negligence, whether active, passive or imputed), or any other legal or equitable theory (even if the party has been advised of the possibility of such damages and regardless of whether such damages were foreseeable); and
  • (ii) in no event will the aggregate liability of Company and the Company Parties (individually or jointly), whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence, whether active, passive or imputed), or other theory, arising out of or relating to the Services or these Terms exceed the total amount of BAT you contribute as part of the Services.

(b) The limitations set forth in Section 14(a) will not limit or exclude liability for the gross negligence, fraud or intentional, willful or reckless misconduct of Company.

(c) Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the limitations of this section may not apply to you.

The ToS does have a Dispute Resolution/Arbitration section, but it is only available in the US. Posted the header information below. Several paragraphs of information in the section itself.

16. Dispute Resolution; Arbitration

Please read the following section carefully because it contains additional provisions applicable only to individuals located, resident, or domiciled in the United States. If you are located, resident, or domiciled in the United States, this section requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Company and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.**

You probably were very much aware of all of this but I thought I would post anyway just to give other readers a reference. I’m so glad your account is now unflagged! May it never be flagged again! Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S. My account was flagged when I first started using Brave about 4 months ago. This was before they notified users their accounts were flagged. I had other issues too. Overall, as a new user and beginner, it was an extremely painful process to figure out what was going on and with minimal support. Brave did come through on the tokens I had earned though. I was happy about that one! I thought they would be lost.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.