Rendering Dropbox folder files on Brave browser (1.46.140) PC L-Mint-C

All other browswers (FF, Chrome, Chromium) can render dropbox files except Brave. Is this a bug, a setting, or a design flaw? https://imgur.com/lPAWcrO

1 Like

Hello there @PaulAnderson50309, could you please try opening your main profile in private or guest mode to see if the files render? If they do load, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu --> Open Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.
Regards.

Hours before reading this I was at Manage Extensions (spell check was not working), and I noticed that Google Spell Check & Translate both had issues. Since I rarely use Translate (and Brave has SC already), I just uninstalled them both. Just now reading your reply, I opened a New Private Window, pasted a DB folder file and presto, it opened. Then tried it on a regular page and it also opened! Connected? Who knows! So far so good! Thanx!

Edit: Well crap! I used a file that was in my (Linux Mint-C) Home folder to paste in; files open from Home folders and others that are not Dropbox! So the problem still persists. And there’s no Open Guest Window option under More Tools. There are no extensions enabled for New Private Window, but I cannot open a Dropbox file in any setting on Brave (I can on all other browsers). I turned off all extensions, restarted, and still nothing!

To try to give more data, hopefully to aid those who write the code for the Brave browser (it is unlikely a mere user will get this), here is what happens: If I paste this into the URL window:

file:///home/chat/Dropbox/HTML/aa.htm

It renders nothing , just as the image linked shows. If I access it in/from the Dropbox folder, and right-click on it, and select: Open with > Brave, it opens it, but the URL reads like this (and the alpha-numeric portion is different every time):

file:///run/user/1000/doc/86e2fb66/aa.htm

I’ve never seen anything like it. Been a techie for 3 decades!

1 Like

Hi again @PaulAnderson50309, on that case try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persists on those versions.

Be waiting for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.