Release Notes - make it easy

Could we get an effortless way of seeing release notes after an update? If it cannot show automatically or in About Brave then even a simple .txt in the Brave folder would be much more convenient than coming to the forum only to see the notes are not up to date. Please?

I am aware of previous requests and of the designated thread:

@Mattches
messaged you

Better to have something than nothing. And my feeling is that those who do not know how to find that location are most of the time not the type of person who are greatly interested in release notes. As far as location goes a .txt could go here C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application

Exactly. No good.

Ah ok. In such case some note would still be very welcome.

@cdvc,
Thanks for the heads up. The Release notes are done manually and there have been a few chromium bumps one after another that (clearly) didn’t quite make it onto the list.

That said, they did make it into the update post itself:

Additionally, this method is just a placeholder for a more sophisticated release tracker. I appreciate your patience – turns out making the web safer has a lot of moving parts :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information.

The release tracker is a work in progress? Sneak preview possible?
Because you did not comment on my suggestions do you advise I post in Feature Requests?

@cdvc,
You’re more than welcome to submit a feature request here on Community! I responded mostly to remind you that our (small) team is made up of real humans with real lives outside of work! Each team member is currently buried under a massive workload – Please allow us time as we work hard to get Brave and our communities to where they need to be.

In the meantime, if you notice something like this (notes/version not up to date or other inaccurate/outdated information), please DM me and let me know and I will take care of it as soon as I can.

Thank you!

Release Notes feature request - when Chromium is updated:

What are the vulnerabilities - please provide a link to those. If there is a vulnerability, I sure need to know.

We (speaking for myself and some friends) choose Brave Browser, because we need an Internet browser that we can trust, and BB makes clear, why it has been, or is, vulnerable - specifically.

If there is some website that has the story listing the current CVE for Chromium, what is that website? It would help a lot, to see the link to that story, in the Release Notes.

Thank you.