Region Not Supported/Post copied from a closed topic

@Mattches FYI below was posted to a closed topic.

@exp Welcome to the community. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but wallet connections with custodial providers are currently restricted in Turkey. Linking the notices from support staff about Uphold and Turkey wallet connections.

NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Uphold

Wallet Connections are Temporarily Blocked in Turkey

The below quote from the Uphold link probably applies to your situation.

Note that those who are currently verified in regions that are no longer supported will continue to be until they are naturally logged out over time, or press to disconnect Brave Rewards from their Uphold account. Once logged out or disconnected from Uphold, users in unsupported regions will not be able to log in again or re-verify Brave Rewards with Uphold.

If you are not receiving the notice, you are probably still connected on your computer but for whatever reason you have been disconnected on your phone. You will not be able to reconnect your phone until Brave lifts the restriction. Please be aware that at some point your computer will probably also disconnect and you will receive the same region not supported error.

My understanding is that connections are routinely severed for safety reasons every so often. So, your phone disconnecting automatically is not unusual. What is unusual is that it has taken so long. Brave is working on restoring connections. No timeline has been posted. Please track the above notices as updates will be posted there. Or you can check this Brave Help Center topic for updates: Supported regions for verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial wallet provider

Please post an update to this topic if you have any other questions. If my response above answers your questions, please indicate that and I will mark your post as the solution to this topic.

This is one of those situations where the post was flagged and/or needed mod approval before going live, but was only approved after the post was closed. So it appears as a new reply, but in reality it would have appeared up earlier in the thread had it not been approved, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

I have to say @Chocoholic, you would make a good Community Ninja. :heart:

2 Likes

Makes total sense. I’ve ran across that before and it should have occurred to me but didn’t. Thanks for reminder. :slightly_smiling_face:

Awwww. Thank-you for your kind regard. The sentiment is reciprocated. :smiley: And gratz to you for the Regular, trust level 3 badge. I noticed. :grin:

Did you know that in most cases you can see the names of the community members who have been awarded a particular badge. Posting links below, but you can also access through the Badges link found in the Hamburger menu.

Just click on a badge on the Badges page to see more detail.
All Badges
Community Ninjas :wink:

2 Likes

Lol. They just like to go undercover. No badges shown and profile hidden. Perhaps we should make them show their Community Ninja though! :rofl:

Noooooo. Very, very bad idea. Where the heck is that down vote button!!?? :laughing:

I am serious about my privacy, hence Brave Browser. :grin:

I think, Saoiray just meant it as an option to have. Where you could just show your badge if you wanted to. Maybe just to flex. :grin:

Oh! You are a community ninja already. My bad. Makes total sense.

1 Like

same error to me. when will the restriction be lifted?

@tyfn There is no timeline. Hopefully within the next couple of months some countries will start being added back to the list of supported countries for connections. If you listen to the first few minutes of $BAT Community Call w/ Luke Mulks, Jimmy Secretan and BAT_Jennie, Brave spokespersons talk about lifting restrictions.

Also, you should keep checking the Help Support article Supported regions for verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial wallet provider as updates will be posted there.

Lmao, yeah. You can turn it on or off as you please. Chocoholic just hasn’t activated it to show to the world. So when they post, it doesn’t have that good ole Community Ninja text next to their name. (It’s a Title, so located in Preferences under your profile. I’m assuming you’ve got a Title or two as well Aman, if nothing else, Regular)

Regular is quite elusive badge. It comes and goes on it’s own. Suits me.

Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time.

Is the same error i got, my laptop just crashed a few minutes ago and had to reinstall my OS and redownload brave, but upon login in brave and try verifying back, I Get the same error. I am in Kenya.

@willslinky Hi and welcome to the community.

A moderator has marked this topic as solved. Please see the solution in post#9 which will give you a link to a Help Center article on currently supported regions. Kenya is currently restricted. Please create your own topic if you have any more questions as this topic is now solved. Usually, additional posts to a topic that is solved are discouraged.

Hope this helps. Take care.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.