Reformat android phone and linked again for gemini getting Error: Device Limit Reached how to solve it?

Please ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

**Briefly describe your issue:**Getting Error: Device Limit Reached on my android phone

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Android 11 version 1.43.90

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) no

What date did you verify your wallet? can’t verfied

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) no

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)? yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)? yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? Passed

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner? yes

Is your Browser updated to the latest version? cause as far as I know they did have a limit before May 2022 but they removed it after May or something. For it to show Device limit reached would mean Brave has been connected to that Uphold/Gemini account before.

In any case, all you can do is create a Support Ticket and wait for someone to get back to you.

1 Like

@hq88,
As @SmartyAadi suggests, please reach out to us via our support form (linked again below for easy visibility) to have some one take a look at your case. Thank you.

This is the email brave send to me

Thank you for reaching out to Brave Support.

Regular linking limits were removed, effective May 25th, 2022.

Please note, the linking limit setting is based on standard device habits. If you are seeing this error message, it may be due to irregular usage.

Thank you for your understanding.

—Brave Team

Does not fix anything can’t verify to gemini for android phone, any solution.

Hi @hq88

Could you send me a direct message of one of your wallet payment IDs that is actively connected to a custodial partner.

Thanks!

1 Like