Refined Facebook Login Workaround

I really didn’t want to create both a Reddit account and a Brave community account to share this, so. I’m not the only user to have posted something similar recently, but I just tried my own tweaking and the workaround doesn’t need to be so broad on removal or hoops. I do hope this gets sorted so the workaround becomes unnecessary.

Description of the issue: Facebook doesn’t stay logged in properly or keep your profile retained after logging out when you have filter list EasyList Cookie active and it also forces you to constantly review each login attempt beyond your usual 2FA steps.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Make sure EasyList Cookie is active in the Filter Lists section.
  2. Go to Facebook and login (2FA etc)
  3. On login you will be forced to review that it is you each time. On abrupt exits or manual log outs you won’t get the expected last profile used screen.

Expected result: Preferably just log in, and, if you have 2FA active, go through that before getting to your Facebook home page.

Brave Version:
Version 1.62.130 Chromium: 120.0.6099.199 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Additional Information:
The essential bit is temporarily turning off EasyList Cookie before logging in.
I didn’t clear out any unrelated data or restart.
Your choice to log out and close out any current Facebook tabs. I did.
If previously logged in? Delete the Facebook data from “See all site data and permissions” under " Cookies and other site data" ← within the “Privacy and security” tab under Shields.
Follow the finishing bold steps for fresh logins.

Fresh sign in? Turn off EasyList before and then head to Facebook. Login should be hassle free and no further reviewing.
Turn EasyList Cookie back on when you are on your homepage.
Leaving has been fine. My profile remained after manually logging out, and no more review hassles.

thank you, it works. Haven’t gotten any issues when I started using Brave (4 months ago) until today because the update broke shield or easylist, something…

1 Like

No problem. I tried seeing if the latest EasyList component update would solve this particular problem and no dice. So this is still applicable.

This now no longer works under Version 1.62.144 Chromium: 120.0.6099.217 (Official Build) beta (64-bit). EasyList component at its latest.

That’s annoying.

This back and forth is still annoying, but the latest component updates from a few minutes ago (for me) have the workaround functional again.

Workaround no longer works.

There was a few days where the component update at the time had fixed staying logged in even with the filters on at the start, but still having to go through the extra login hoops. This is no longer the case and the workaround still no longer works.

This is still broken and still more than a little annoying. All components updated to the latest and turned off both Easylist and Fanboy’s Mobile just in case. Nada.

This is still a problem with no consistent workaround.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.