Received distribution, but can't send tips

Every month I experience this same problem. I have just claimed my BAT rewards distribution for the month (Including this distribution I now show a balance of 120 BAT in my account). I started going down my list of websites to tip. I successfuly sent three tips of 1.0 BAT each, but now I get this error message: “Not enough tokens. Please add funds.”

But it is not obvious how I can free up some of my tokens so that they can be sent as tips to websites to reward them for their content! Can anyone tell me a straightforward way to do this?

@hat2019,
Can you share a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing when you try to tip a website or content creator?

Same problem, i cant send a tip

Hi Mattches,

Per your request, here’s the screen shot. What it shows is that same error message. It also indicates a wallet balance of zero. However when I look at my account by starting with a blank tab and clicking through on “Learn more about Brave Rewards” it shows my current remaining balance (after sending a few more tips) of 115.8 BAT. So apparently what I need to find out is how to transfer BAT from my main account to my wallet.

@hat2019,
Can you actually share a screenshot of your Rewards Settings page?

Hi Mattches,
Here’s the Rewards / Settings page in two sections, upper and lower:

@hat2019,
Do you get this same behavior when trying to tip any site, at this point? Or is it just for that site you’re showing above?

The problem is intermittent. I’ll tip two or three sites, then get the insufficient balance error message. I’ll often try reloading the content publisher’s website a time or two, and maybe the BAT becomes available again. But maybe not. It’s very unpredictable, (I’m glad to do a favor for these content publishers, but I don’t want it to be a time wasting experience).

Same problem, cant send tips

@itzpira,
It may or may not be the same problem – do not hijack others threads. Please open your own with the details surrounding your situation so that we can properly address it.

@hat2019,
Can you send me the information on your brave://rewards-internals page? I’m asking around to see if this is an issue that’s already known/that significant amount of other users are encountering – appreciate your patience.

I’ve submitted this to you via private message.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.