Rearranging Bookmarks

I imported a lot of bookmarks from Chrome. I have the bookmarks categorized in folders. Brave put my imported bookmarks into a folder on the bookmarks tab “Imported from Chrome” and then in another folder “Bookmarks Bar”. I went into the bookmarks manager thinking I could drag and drop to restore my bookmarks on the bar the way they were in Chrome, but this does not seem to be possible. Is there any easy way to do this?

Hi @jereece,

To moving bookmarks/folders in Bookmark Manager, you can drag and drop to Bookmarks Toolbar folder. It’ll move your bookmarks/folders to bookmark bar.

Hope this can help.
Thank you,
:slight_smile:

Sorry, but you are wrong. You can’t even drag and drop a single
bookmark let alone a folder of bookmarks.

Jim

@eljuno , I think the issue is the implementation of the feature is laggy and not very responsive. I suggest adding some marker to indicate the expected action.

This is why there’s a lot of request for the SessionBuddy extension but obviously they’re going to improve they’re bookmarking profile first. I’ve suggested they get in discussions with the proprietary developer and have SessioBuddy function more natively rather than an extension.

I’m not wanting to pry but how many bookmarks have you got @jereece I say this this because if I were you I’ll keep a back-up of the bookmarks just in case.

Hi @jereece

Could you provide some additional details so I can investigate? What Brave version and what OS do you have?

Also, I would also be interested in the amount of bookmarks imported from Chrome. Do you have many folders or nested folders?

Thanks,
Lauren

Yes…I keep a backup of my bookmarks. I probably should do a cleanup
project. I do have a lot.

I will also state that the fly out in the imported bookmarks is very
slow. It takes about 30 seconds to fly out the first level. I estimate
that I have about 1,000 bookmarks.

Yes, I imported bookmarks that are in folders and sub-folders. See
second screen shot below. However, I can’t even drag and drop a single
bookmark to the bar. I appreciate your help.

Here is what About Brave says concerning my installation.

Brave: 0.17.13
rev: f7242c7ae683191b59388f567ccbd13d938b23d4
Muon: 4.1.7
libchromiumcontent: 59.0.3071.109
V8: 5.9.211.38
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 10.0.14393
os.arch: x64

In my experience, bookmark organization is a mess and largely unusable in Brave. As far as I can tell it’s impossible to rearrange or unnest folders, plus there’s now a bug limiting the number of bookmarks on the toolbar. The UI of the bookmark manager remains the sole reason I won’t fully switch.

yes the performance issue has been verified by the team. it definitely will be addressed in a future version.

Can you add a reply to this when you start work on bookmarks? I ask because its a feature that I use and want and I am willing to do some testing. If there are others who want to help test this, please message me and we can coordinate.

Hi @jereece

Thanks for the information! I can confirm I too see slowness. We do have an issue logged for performance degradation when there is a large number of bookmarks, I have included a link to this issue below.

It looks to me from your screenshot that you are trying to drag/drop a bookmark when using the drop downs from the bookmarks toolbar. If you’re feeling up to it, could you try moving your bookmarks in a different way? Open a new tab, and type about:bookmarks in the URL bar. This should open the bookmarks manager. I’m wondering if you are able to drag/drop any better on this page. Some users experience slowness/lag here, and others don’t.

Here is the performance issue we have logged:

Thanks for taking the time to report and provide information on this issue, it’s appreciated.

Lauren

Thanks Lauren. I opened the bookmarks manager using about:bookmarks in
the URL bar. However I get the same results. I cannot drag and drop
bookmarks to the bar.

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.