Re: Not Earning BAT from Ads (Problem Solved in Initial Topic Post)

Rambling On… Update to something I posted about not getting ad notifications

I’m getting ads through Notifications now! Yeah!

Initially, when I enabled notifications, I followed these instructions when I realized I wasn’t receiving Brave ads through notifications: Brave Ads Windows 10 Troubleshooting. Good instructions, easy to follow. BUT… I still didn’t receive any Brave ads. I thought it was just the region I’m in (flyover country, middle of nowhere :laughing:) BUT…

Here is the part of the instructions I used (just the text, omitted the images):

Quote/
Of course, you can take advantage of the Focus Assist settings, and also view Brave Ads. Here is how you can configure your settings to enjoy both:

1. From within the Focus Assist settings, select Priority Only or Alarms Only .
  2. Check to make sure that During these times scheduling is disabled .
  3. Check to make sure that the box for Show me a summary of what I missed when Focus Assist was on is checked.

See Brave Ads that served while Focus Assist was enabled

When Focus Assist is enabled and the Show me a summary of what I missed while focus assist was on setting is enabled, Brave Ads notifications that you missed while you had Focus Assist enabled will remain in the System Notification Center for you to revisit at your leisure.
/end quote

Well… that didn’t work either! Still no ads.

I kept running across posts that said you had to have focus assist off, even though the instructions say you don’t. I decided to just turn off focus assist, I wasn’t receiving Brave ads anyway. Once, I did, Voila, I started receiving ad notifications almost immediately!

So, in my case, I wasn’t able to use Focus Assist and still receive Brave Ad notifications per the instructions. Who knows why it didn’t work (probably something I did, sounds familiar anyway lol) but who cares. I’m getting ad notifications now! Yeah, again! :joy:

2 Likes