Description of the issue:
Brave Browser lost login sessions, solved if quit and re-open.
but will happen again randomly with no reason.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
noted that it happens randomly, cannot reproduce every time.
- I log in at mail.protonmail.com
- Normally, when I go to mail.protonmail.com, I’ll redirect to the inbox as my login session existed.
!! Suddenly the issue happened !!
- When I go to mail.protonmail.com, my login session is lost, it brings me to log in page.
- Logged in and after checking the email I just close the ProtonMail tab.
- Go to ProtonMail again and found that my login session has gone, I have to login again as a loop
- I decided not to login in last time
- I try differently, I quit the browser with CMD+Q and reopen the Brave browser
- I go to ProtonMail and I redirected to my inbox (my login session back to exist even though previously I lost my login session and redirect to login page)
That’s pretty weird, it happens many times for the last 5-6 days since I started using Brave Browser.
I also experienced this issue with some Crypto Defi websites like app.youves.com with the same issue experience, I have to connect my wallet again often.
Noted: not happened with every website. (e.g. Facebook and Twitter still logged-in)
my login session should still exist, as I compared with Safari and Firefox they working well.
Reproduces how often:
Every day for the last 5-6 days since I started using Brave
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
macOS Big Sur - 11.5.2
Brave - 1.29.77
Noted that I try with Brave beta and got the same issue randomly.