Randomly logging out of whatsapp web

Description of the issue:
I am getting logged out from WhatsApp web on a daily basis. Also, I am using the web version of Microsoft Teams, Slack, telegram etc., on Brave, and I noticed some of my messages are not delivered, especially on Microsoft Teams.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
I am not using Shield for Microsoft teams.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
Still without shield I am facing same problem

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
I don’t know

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.52.119 Chromium: 114.0.5735.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Hi @naman311 welcome to Community :wave:

Are you able to replicate this issue on other browsers?
From what I have read, whatsapp logging you out could be due to the following:

1. Your phone did not remained connected
  2. You cleared your browsing history
  3. You did not check “keep me signed in”
  4. Your app is out of date
  5. You are experiencing internet connection issues

You may want to check if any of the above that could be attributing to the other programs you have installed.

I will try to use another browser for a few days and let you know.

The issue is not just with WhatsApp… It is with Microsoft Teams, as I have to refresh the Teams tab again once my messages stop being delivered. Also, many times when I am on a call with someone on teams, they tell I voice just got lost for 10-20 seconds even though I can hear them properly. These issues started to occur recently (1 month ago), and I was not having any trouble before that.

My phone is connected, my Browser history is cleared, there is no option of Keeping me signed in to WhatsApp web, the App is updated, and there is no such internet issue.

Hi @naman311 what OS are you experiencing this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.