Randomly logged out

I was randomly logged out of brave. Now all of my passwords, syncs, rewards, and rewards connection are gone. The only thing still kept was my bookmarks thank god. Word of advice, at least have your bookmarks backed up somewhere. Is there any way for me to get my stuff back?

Did you have sync turned on and had another device on the sync chain ?

Yes, I had sync on my phone and my tablet.

So I guess, if you had chosen ‘Sync Everything’ in preferences, you’ll be able to retrieve if you use the sync code from your phone or tablet.

This is displayed.

Brave could not access your operating system’s safe storage. This is what’s used to secure data such as passwords and cookies; it’s also required for Brave Sync to connect your browser profile between devices. This means Brave Sync is not running. To resolve this issue, please see the Brave Sync troubleshooting guide.

Is that on Windows ? or on mac ?

Windows, looks like I lost everything. I didn’t change anything Brave just did it randomly when I started up my computer.

Unfortunately there is no quick fix for this on Windows — again, this typically only happens when you make changes to your system user name/password credentials. Typically, only a user with the same logon credential as the user who encrypted the data can decrypt the data. In addition, the encryption and decryption usually must be done on the same computer.

As such, we recommend resetting Sync and re-syncing your devices. You can do this by going tobrave://sync-internals and using theDisable Sync (Clear data) option.

Could you try steps from the above ?

I don’t have the button to start syncing anymore. It just comes up with that error message.

Go to brave://flags → In the search type sync and hit enter, and then find Brave Sync v2 → In the dropdown menu select Enable then relaunch Brave

Ok I did that. Don’t notice any difference

OK I got my passwords from my phone at least. I might have to do the disable sync. Import my passwords and bookmarks, then reconnect my wallet.

Okay. Something’s better than nothing, lol.
@Saoiray @Aman_M @rodrige anything you would like to quote ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.