Random Auto-contribute (even though it was off)

Description of the issue:
My brave rewards show an auto-contribute of -10 BAT, which is odd since I have auto-contribute off. There should not have been a reduction in my balance and I would like my 10 BAT to be returned to my wallet.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
No steps, happened to notice it when checking to see if the Nov 5 payout had occurred yet. Autocontribute was set to off and when I toggled it on it doesn’t show anything, so I toggled it back to off.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Not to have a change in my wallet amount, certainly not a decrease.

Reproduces how often:
Hopefully this is the only time this ever happens.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Pro x64 Brave Version 0.70.122 Chromium: 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I don’t even know where it auto-contributed and would recommend a way to look that sort of thing up.

3 Likes

same happend to me 3 days ago, although auto-contribute is off.

somehow weird to see the browser spreading my funds out of my uphold wallet

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting, @acpacpacp @paperwaffleiron.

The team is aware of this issue and working on a fix. I added your +1s to the issue which can be tracked here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/6716

2 Likes

Same happened to me! The Toggle button was off and today I got the maximum of -100 BAT in auto-contribute. I don’t mind contributing but that. was not me and that’s a pretty high amount for a bug. it’s the maximum basically.

1 Like

Also had this happen to me today. When I looked my auto-contribute was at 20 with multiple sites listed. They weren’t paid out already so I deleted them and then toggled auto-contribute off/on. At the same time, I had BAT in my wallet this morning and that number changed approx 6 hours later (went down).

1 Like

This also happend to me

2 Likes

I had Brave Rewards appear as expected, but almost as quickly as they appeared, they vanished, both from my Desktop as well as my mobile browser.

Auto-Contribute was turned off in both places. The debit for the rewards shows as an ‘Auto Contribution’ to BravePublishers.

What happened?

2 Likes

Do you think we’re going to be paid back?

1 Like

Same with me.

1 Like

Just chipping in to say I also encountered this issue. Same, -10 BAT. I already reported the bug to Uphold but I guess it’s more of an issue with Brave than Uphold.

1 Like

Same here, I am -10 BAT. It would be nice to get it back but more importantly how do I know it won’t happen again. Makes me wary about adding funds to this.

2 Likes

Same here my10bat just got deducted just now.

1 Like

Add another to the list. Had my 1st rewards removed out of my Uphold account. Auto-Contribute was turned off. This is concerning that this can happen. Uphold referred me back to Brave support. Seems that others in the same boat. Appreciate the free BAT but highly concerned that they can reach in and take out without my consent.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me.
Auto Contribute of BAT with “Auto Contribute” off.
Same thought as others, not good to have a “Bug” that can wipe out a persons money.

1 Like

Hey all, please see this thread here - For Brave users impacted by the Auto-Contribute bug.

1 Like