Random audio files start playing in Search tab and continue even after that tab is closed

Description of the issue:
Twice now, random audio files have started playing in Search tab and continued playing on other tabs even after the tab that triggered the audio is closed.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch Brave
2. Search for a phrase via SwissCows (last time it was a Bible verse)

Actual Result:
An audio file randomly starts playing. It can even be just the text typed into the browser search bar. This audio echoes and repeats constantly until all the browser tabs are closed or refreshed. (I haven’t found any settings that toggle it off, closing the search tab didn’t stop it).

This sound also isn’t associated with a video that could be turned off.

Expected Result:
No audio files playing without actually clicking on them.

Reproduces how often:
Twice now, and really random. (i.e, not twice in a row: twice with lots of other uneventful searches in between)

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.27.108 Chromium: 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Additional information:
I’m using Windows 10, also mostly using Swiss Cows for search.

Please note: this is all the info I’m able to give you about this issue. I don’t have any special insight into what is triggering this or how to consistently reproduce this unpleasant result.

Hey KKercher,

Thank you for the details. Can you confirm if this issue happens in other browsers with this search engine?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.