Quit/Crash Report: Mac OS X 10.11.6

Dear Lauren & All:

The following is the basic info. for the quit/crash of Brave on 9-25-2017.

Since I sent the report to Apple I don’t know if it is necessary to also inform you here. Does Apple send you quit/crash reports in a timely manner?

Parts of report:

Process: Brave [9780]
Path: /Applications/Brave.app/Contents/MacOS/Brave
Identifier: com.electron.brave
Version: 0.18.36 (4.3.22)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Brave [9780]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2017-09-25 16:14:46.673 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1611)

Model: Macmini3,1, BootROM MM31.00AD.B00, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 1.35f1
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400, NVIDIA GeForce 9400, PCI, 256 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x80CE, 0x4D34373142353637334548312D4346382020
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x80CE, 0x4D34373142353637334548312D4346382020

If you want more information, please let me know.

Brave has quit before and I usually just open Brave again or restart my computer to remedy the problem.

All Best,
Elena

Hi @ElenaHaskins

Thanks for reporting. When you go to Preferences > Advanced, do you have ‘Send anonymous crash reports to Brave’ enabled? If so, then I believe we get the crash reports.

For your issue, I was wondering, do you have pinned tabs and were you trying to reorder them at all? I do have a known issue for that. If not, any information you can provide that might assist such as: do you have multiple windows open? are you dragging a tab from one window to another? I know it’s tough to remember exactly what you were doing, but if any of this sounds familiar that could help us try to reproduce the crash.

Thanks!
Lauren

Dear Lauren:

Just checked and yes, I do have “send crash reports to Brave” turned on. If you get the reports then I’ll omit posting them in Community.

Re: tabs: not sure what pinned tabs are.

Re: Multiple windows: Rarely.

Part of the problem may be intermittent broadband signal. I live in the country. My internet connection goes down frequently.

Another part of the problem may be I’m using computers with not enough RAM to easily handle multiple programs simultaneously (my Power Mac died). I’ve had many cursor freeze problems. I use the Activity Monitor to check RAM usage. However sometimes I may be maxxing out my RAM.

Thank you for your reply. Brave is such an evolutionary browser I want it to be the browser of choice and the most stable browser of them all.

All Best,
Elena

Thanks for the additional information @ElenaHaskins!

Also, in case you’re interested, pinned tabs are tabs that open each time you start the browser. For example, if you have a favorite site you frequent or maybe you always check your email first, you would right click on the tab and select ‘Pin’. Then the tab moves to the left side of your window and is always there until you right click on it and select ‘Unpin’.

While you don’t need to send your crash reports to community, if you do run into other issues or reproducible crashes (for example, crash on the same site each time you visit it), please don’t hesitate to reach out either via Twitter or here on Community. Thanks!!

Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.