Quirks with using tabs

I would first like to say that this forum has so many preemptive rules that I am already uncomfortable posting anything here. I feel like I am going to get fingers wagged in may face regardless of what I post or where I post it. It has borderline given me the attitude of “I’m going to say what I want to say and IDGAF what you think about it”. So, with that out of the way…

Hello! I want to give a big thank you to everyone who is involved in this project. It’s something that needs to happen, and I’m glad that it is happening.

I have noticed several quirky things with using multiple tabs. These could be little bugs, or it could be that I am not understanding the intent of these behaviors. Whichever it is, let me know. This is what I am running:

Brave: 0.18.36
rev: 7ab85e97318fef041433b0c3d73b457205fae805
Muon: 4.3.22
libchromiumcontent: 61.0.3163.79
V8: 6.1.534.32
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 6.1.7601
OS Architecture: x64

These tab quirks were experiences in the previous Brave version, but since I did not see any mention of tab related work in the update, I am assuming they still work as I have experienced (and a quick check has confirmed this). Here is my list:

1. It is too easy when clicking to another tab to accidentally pull the tab out into its own window.
  2. It is not very easy to move a tab back into it’s former window.
  3. When closing the active tab, you are not always placed into the previously active tab.
  4. When dragging a tab to another position, other tabs sometimes reorder themselves.
  5. When dragging a tab to another position, the tab that I am moving sometimes magically changes to another tab when dropped. (frequently it’s the active tab). (for example, if I am trying to drag tab ‘B’ between tabs ‘E’ and ‘F’, when I drop it, I might find that tab ‘C’ is now between ‘E’ and ‘F’ instead.)
  6. When dropping a dragged tab between two other tabs, there seems to be two different positions offered for where to drop it. The right tab will shift its contents to the right, and then it will shift more to the right. So, it appears that you should be dropping your tab to the left of the right tab, although, instead of being a unique space for the tab, you get a stretched out right tab that shifts two separate times.

And there we go. Moving tabs around is something I do a lot to organize my thought process when browsing. I do not understand what the Brave tabs are doing when I try to rearrange them.

you explained my difficulties exactly. Those tab thingies are frustrating.

Same here.

When I have multiple tabs open and I open a link in a tab,it opens in a new tab, when i close that tab,I don’t get redirected to the parent tab, but to the tab to the right.
I have tried all three options in ‘closing an active tab’ in settings. Always the same result.

Brave: 0.19.6
rev: 3be25d4c53585fbfbaebd1e72232a828cd01e42c
Muon: 4.4.13
libchromiumcontent: 60.0.3112.101
V8: 6.0.286.54
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Beta
OS Platform: Linux
OS Release: 4.4.0-93-generic
OS Architecture: x64

1. The fix for it is being implemented and the issue can be tracked here https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/9211
  2. You need to drop the tab in between two tabs or before the + symbol. You wont be able to drop the tab beyond new tab button. This is a limitation.

3.& 4. The issue is being tracked here https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/10433/

5 & 6. Does this happen all the time? I am not able to reproduce these.

Yes, 5 & 6 happen consistently on two different win7 computers.

For 5, open several unique tabs. When you drop a non-active tab between two other non-active tabs, the dropped tab is switched for the active tab.

For 6, drag and hover a tab between two other inactive tabs. When you move it slightly to the right or left the right tab will shift in two different ways. Really, just drag the hovered tab slowly across the whole line of tabs and watch what a mess of shifting around you get.

The category I posted this in has been deleted. Awesome.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.