Questions about how I can earn BitCoin for browsing

I added 5 dollars to my wallet from coinbase, and things seem to be working just great. So far, I’ve spent about 75 cents and have 4.25 left. I read today that if I change the settings to “show brave ads” that I would be paid and that the money in my bitcoin wallet would start to grow as I browse. Am I reading this correctly? And if so, how to “cash out” the money that I earn browsing? I read something about having to validate who I say I am, but I do not see anywhere to do that.

Thanks!

WD

Actually, this is an awesome way to build the infrastructure of bitcoin, or rather, the Bitcoin Economy. You’ve bought in, but you get paid for participating. Theoretically it should become self sustaining, your wallet. There is then no need for any KYC/AML doxxing.
Further, if you’re browsing THAT much that you’ve built up a balance that’s worth something…well, do you use the torrent capabilities? Howzabout paying by the satoshi for a live stream, while earning for watching banner ads? or what about paying to DL the video or song or ebook? or logging in to a meshnet ISP in a city you’re visiting and paying for the access, a satoshi per MB for the electricity? A Satoshi per wikipedia page or web search?
I’m sure somebody else can chime in on some ideas, but the potential is huge.

CC @mrose for a comment.

i think i get it now. the point isn’t to make millions of BT surfing with Brave, it’s to use what you accumulate to help other publishers. But still, would be good to know if the BT could flow out of the assigned wallet.

As in getting your original stake back once you’ve got the funds flowing? That would be a good, fair thing, I agree.

Maybe someone from that part of this project will be kind enough to comment

The feature is yet to be implemented.

Precisely why I haven’t enabled Payments: one way (out) only, for the time being.
Trouble is, as the song went, “it takes two to make a thing go right”. When the other end of the equation is in place, then that feature can be activated and testing can take place.

I can live with this for a month or 2 as an early user, and help support sites I like, but yeah, this would be nice if it works both ways.

It would be nice to hear from the person from the project that the mod mentioned on here about this. Mind you, they’re probably scrambling in the background to make things work given the recent price rise and anticipated market appeal.

what is the “recent price rise” you mention here? Isn’t Brave free?

Payments vs. Paywalls

Bitcoin price. Now that the price of a Bitcoin is more than that of an ounce of gold, it will surely attract more people to the fledgling economy, which is good for what we’re talking about here.

Let’s get ready for let down!

Brave and it’s supporters are kind of misselling this service with comments like “Get paid to browse the web!” when you don’t. In addition, A lot of users will assume that you can withdraw the funds when they cant.

I think once the reality of how Brave really works sets in for most people they’re not going to bother switching from their normal browser.

I won’t put in one penny till these issues are resolved thats for sure!

if you have an idea would you tell us how to improve the browser to not let them assume so?

there is explanation of the Brave Payments on about:preferences#payments and I don’t think they are misled if they read it before enabling the payments.

Transfer from Brave Payments

Benny - Cool your jets there, turbo. Have you read this entire thread?
How you choose to spend your money (or not spend it) is fine with me as long as you realize that your lifestyle will reflect your choices.
from where I sit (I’m hodling some and spreading some around, to build the bitcoin ECONOMY) the bitcoin integration of this browser project is an awesome way to bridge the gap here and now between media/content providers and consumers, something that has been sorely lacking. There is no such thing as free, so recognizing that you get paid a bit for having eyeballs on an ad in return for paying a bit to stream a video you want to see or for a magnet link to a torrent of a song you want etc etc etc is perfectly fair AFAIC…and in effect, it’s free as well, because you’re not paying out of pocket. paid to view as well as paying for views…which is how an economy works - money flows between multiple parties, in varying amounts, frequently.
Further, if you think the point of bitcoin is to get rich, you’re going to be very disappointed if “it works”: money will be pointless because everybody will have some…like dandruff, tooth decay, hearing loss, dry skin, opinions and anuses.
{flame suit on and completely prepared to be banned as a forum user for the last comparison}

First post here. I found this thread while searching for clear instructions for settings that enable Bitcoin reimbursement for “ad-replacement” browsing. Since the last post was in March I thought I would see if there’s been updates that effect what I’m trying to accomplish.

This is my current Brave version info:

Brave: 0.14.1
rev: 3de60d52df3ef48d12d9696a076b72079beb9658
Muon: 2.57.8
libchromiumcontent: 57.0.2987.133
V8: 5.7.492.71
Node.js: 7.4.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: darwin
os.release: 16.5.0
os.arch: x64

Running it on macOS version 10.12.4.

I’ve enabled Brave Payments and left enabled “auto-include” as well as “Show only included sites” under the Preferences > Payments tab in the browser. In addition to this, under the Shields tab I have “Show Brave Ads” enabled on my “Ad Control” setting and “Block 3rd Party Cookies” on my “Cookie Control” setting.

After all of this, I have registered my information with Brave via the Brave Payments > Add Funds > Fund with Debit/Credit.

Have I done everything correctly so as to allow funds to accumulate in Brave Wallet for the ads I see throughout my browsing?

I’m sure you have, once advertisers sign on to be a part of this. I don’t believe any have, as yet, and I think the devs are a bit more concerned with getting brave out of beta and to v1.0 before they worry about building that side of things.

So, have you read this WHOLE thread from the top?

I have, but I wanted to make sure I had the settings right.

Okiedoke…you do realize that we’re talking a satoshi per view kind of income, right? And there’s currently no way to move your coin out of the wallet here (and might never be, and I argue there shouldn’t be)?

Hey everyone,

Wanted to send a heads up that we have an update on this, just in case it hasn’t made it on the radar.

We recently announced that we’ll be having an ico for the Basic Attention Token (BAT).

There’s more info, including a video and white paper, available here for reference:

We also have a BAT Slack instance that you’re welcome to join to be a part of the discussion:

https://slack.basicattentiontoken.org

I’d encourage you all to check out the info, sign up for the mailing list, and join the BAT Slack for the latest info. It’s going to be a game changer.

Oh, I thought I had the option to move whatever funds accumulate from the Brave Wallet to any Bitcoin wallet of my choice.

In other words, my understanding was that the Brave Wallet would be a bitcoin wallet associated with my Brave browser from which I could distribute my bitcoins in three primary ways:

1. Distribute to the sites I’ve browsed on respective to how much I’ve browsed on them.
  2. Distribute to the sites I’ve browsed on respective to how I rank their allocations manually.
  3. Extract the funds to pay me for seeing the Brave-sponsored (or otherwise condoned) ads.

Am I wrong?