Questionable inclusion of Crypto.com as dashboard card

Since dashboard cards are not an open marketplace, any cards that get added could be interpreted as an endorsement of the service behind the card.

Crypto.com either has the world’s greatest financial minds behind it who have done what no one else thought was possible, or it’s a ticking time bomb of a ponzi scheme. Frankly, I think they can probably keep it up for a few years, but that doesn’t mean Brave shouldn’t keep their distance from them.

For the sake of avoiding what could look like an endorsement and for the sake of keeping Brave away from the inevitable dumpster fire that is Crypto.com, I would recommend removing the Crypto.com card from Brave.

1 Like

And the basis for your opinion re: Crypto.com? They also include Binance and Gemini options as cards.

I have no reason to think Binance or Gemini are doing anything criminal, but Crypto.com’s “Earn” rates are unrealistically high. As I said in the original post “Crypto.com either has the world’s greatest financial minds behind it who have done what no one else thought was possible, or it’s a ticking time bomb of a ponzi scheme.”

Crypto.com recently lowered their “Earn” rates and are lower than others like Nexo, Celsius, BockFi, etc., so there really is no basis for your accusation. They are a 4 year old company with over 5 million users and have stated publicly that they are on track to be profitable for the full year of 2020. Hardly the earmark of a “ponzi scheme”.

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile:
Note that, while I understand this isn’t the main point of your post, you can elect not to show the card on your end, by opening a new tab, going to Customize --> More Cards then Hide the Crypto.com card.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.