Question about getting verified on Brave Payments as a site operator

Hello! I use Squarespace for my travel blog/portfolio. I am having trouble getting verified via Brave Payments.

After putting in my domain, contact name, and email, I had two options; the recommended one was to download a file and put it in a certain folder on my domain. (I’ve attached a screenshot of the instructions). I couldn’t figure out how to after Googling, so I contacted Squarespace and the representative said he was pretty sure it wasn’t possible, so I should ask Brave for help. I know a friend who uses Squarespace and Brave, and monetization works for him. I asked him and he said to try the second option.

The second one deals with something called DNS (I think); unfortunately I cannot try it because I can’t reach the page with the options anymore. Today when I tried again (the verification email works just once so I can’t use my link from yesterday), I got stuck on a page before the two options were given. When I type in my domain it says “There were errors saving your request: Website Domain: Can’t be normalized because of an API error.” (I tried attaching a screenshot but I’m only allowed to provide one, so I copied and pasted the exact error code)

Has anyone had this issue before?

Thank you if anyone can help!

Place a trusted file into your domain

A quick Google search shows that Squarespace allows you to edit DNS TXT records, which is what’s needed for the second option you mentioned.

For the record, I used the DNS TXT record method to verify my site as a Brave publisher on Digital Ocean and now have the official green hexagonal checkmark within Brave’s payment screen.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.