QOL Features, 'Last Closed Tab' and 'Highlight > Search/Copy'

Firstly, I looked through Feature Requests and didn’t see these features requested anywhere. If this has already been discussed and I missed it or overlooked it, feel free to let me know as much and/or remove my post. Not interested in bloating the Community with needless trash.

My browser of choice right now is Opera, though I would like to move over to Brave, once a few quality of life features have been added in.

Specifically, Opera offers a couple useful features that I would like to request for implementation:

• ‘Reopen Last Closed Tab’ is a feature that pops up when you right-click the top of the window. It works very simply: close a tab by accident, and you can reopen it exactly as it was. Beyond this, Opera offers a little “down arrow” type of button at the top of the window which shows other tabs you’ve closed in that session, so you can reopen them if you need or want.

• ‘Highlight > Search/Copy’ works in Opera when you highlight any text within the window by the usual click-and-drag, at which point a small bar pops up just above your cursor with the buttons ‘Search’ and ‘Copy.’ Clicking ‘Search’ will open up a new tab to your chosen default search engine and run a search for whatever it is you had highlighted. Clicking ‘Copy’ will just copy your highlighted text to the clipboard without the need for Ctrl+C or right-clicking.

Thanks for all you guys do to develop Brave, and thanks in advance for any response.

Thanks for the feedback @Zenhael! :slight_smile:

Currently, if you right click in tab, it have Reopen Last Closed Tab in context menu.

I think Brave have this in context menu. But you need to right click after highlighted a text.

Will ccing @suguru for thought for improvement.

eljuno,

Thank you for the reply.

Currently, if you right click in tab, it have Reopen Last Closed Tab in context menu.

I see - I had been right-clicking in the wrong area. I’m glad to have been mistaken on this one.

I think Brave have this in context menu. But you need to right click after highlighted a text.

Hadn’t thought to look there. Any chance that this feature may be implemented as a pop-up when you highlight, as an automatic function? I mean, that’d probably be way down at the bottom of the list of priorities, but I’m interested.

Thanks again.

Would like to help to open a new suggestion. :slight_smile:

Can you please provide a record of this feature (re: that highlight thing)?
(Licecap is totally free to use http://www.cockos.com/licecap/ or you can use other app to record it).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.