Push notifications are being disabled after a while

Hello I got this issue with push notifications where I have to manually request permission through this notification test link every 1-2 hours.
When I click on request permission everything works fine and notifications arriving but for some reason they are being disabled after a couple hours or so.
I did the troubleshooting found here and here but no success.

Anything else I could check? Thanks!

1 Like

@londie,
The permission you grant for the test is specifically for the site in question – the test is only intended to make sure that push notifications are enabled and working with Brave through your OS. Brave Ads, however, do not require any “site” permissions as they are enabled through the browser itself.

So basically if you were able to receive the notification, then you should be set up to receive Brave Ads. Have you not seen any ads thus far? If so, how long has it been since enabling them?

1 Like

Brave rewards working ok when visiting sponsored sites.
The issue is with push notification ads.
It works well for a few hours if I click on “request permission” and when I realise I havent seen any notifications for 2-3 hours I check again if notifications are enabled by clicking “Send test notification”. If they are somehow automatically disabled I get this message and have to repeat the process again each time. not

1 Like

@londie,
So have you seen any Brave Ads – that appear as a push notification – since enabling them?

1 Like

yes of course. but I havent noticed any if I dont do this request permission thing everytime.

I did the following now:

closed Brave browser and reopened it. went to test site (notifications Allow) and clicked on Send test notification. I got the message you see saying “Notifications Disabled”

Hows that possible? It looks like something blocking/overriding the site Notifications setting?

1 Like

@londie,
Can you go to Settings --> History --> Clear browsing data and ensure that you haven’t set anything to be cleared in the On exit tab?

1 Like

did it. no box is checked in there

1 Like

@londie,
In Windows, if you go to Notifications & Actions (you can simply type this into the Windows search bar), do you see Brave in the list of Apps that you can receive notifications from? If so, can you then close the browser, such that you will be prompted again to allow permissions and then check once again and see if Brave is still listed the Notifications & Actions?

1 Like

yes Brave is in the list and enabled all the time.
I only got the message asking to allow or block permissions in this site once. since then it is always on Allow. didnt ask me again.

1 Like

the strange part is that I have to click first on request permissions (it doesnt ask me again to allow or block) even if it is already on allow.
if i dont do this and just click send test i get the “support.brave.com says notifications disabled” message

I reproduced the issue check the video.

1 Like

@londie,
I’m confused here – are we trying to troubleshoot the issue with the site, or are we trying to troubleshoot an issue you’re having with the system? If there is an issue with the site, I can get that taken care of. If you yourself are having an issue with the browser outside of that page, then I would like to help you solve that.

actually i am facing the same issue, same as this other person is facing, notifications just randomly work, sometime the pust notification test works and then immediately the above message pops up that support.brave.com says notifications are disabled. what to do?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.