Purpose of Earning & Human verification & and BAT claiming question

Hey,

Another, much more of a core problem of the whole purpose of having installed Brave as opposed to Firefox and such, is the whole BAT rewards scheme as I am a crypto enthusiast.

My initial understanding was that I am actually earning - being paid for watching ads that are supposed to be somehow tailored to me ( 90% of them are irrelevant anyway). But by being paid I take that my BAT token lands into my BAT wallet and from there I can transfer it to any other wallet or exchange for another currency should I wish so, thus having a freedom of what to do with my earned tokens. It seems though that that you managed to skillfully dig a vital information, that this earning is not really earning in the full sense of the word, but merely earning to tip websites registered to your rewards system which is pretty lame if you ask me. Let me guess, if I tip a website, they also can only use this tip to just tip somebody else, right?

Secondary to this, I tried to claim my rewards for my first month into the wallet and wait for it…yes, your stupid human verification let repeat its ‘simple’ triangle dragging ritual task numerous times with an error no matter how many times I restarted the browser, perfect.

If the first paragraph is true, it would be nice of you if specify it more clearly another than burying it to FAQ, because I came hear to actually earn crypto for my own purposes by using your browser and now I feel cheated and about to hit the uninstall button as in general my PaleMoon and Firefox offer a much better option (earlier problems mentioned)

Cheers

Mars

Lol!

The in-browser wallet (brave://rewards) is unidirectional, for now. So, you can use your earned BAT to give back to publishers via Brave Rewards or hodl it until 2 ways wallet is implemented.

From https://brave.com/brave-ads-launch/

“Brave is also working on an option to let users withdraw BAT from their wallets for personal use, converting their BAT to a local fiat currency through exchange partners.”

It’s still in early phase. :sweat_smile:

From https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026361072-Brave-Ads-FAQ

“As time goes on, you will see more and more ads from a wide variety of different advertisers.”

Nope. Publishers can cash out the received contribution. To fiat or other crypto currency through Brave’s partner, Uphold.

Please make sure your DPS is set to 100%

2 Likes

And FAQ brave.com/faq

Thanks for your patient and detailed response. I the dpi was indeed the the problem.

Response with such a patience. Kudos.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.