Pulseaudio mic recently stopped working with aggressively block fingerprinting

Title says it all. I’m pretty sure it used to work a couple of months ago because I had used Discord Web without issues. But now it’s only possible to use Mic in websites if I switch to regular fingerprinting protections, not the aggressive ones.

Brave 1.43.89 Chromium: 105.0.5195.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Sounds like you’ve answered your own question. You have to adjust shields to the level where the site you want to use works. The more aggressive settings block functionality on sites. I have fingerprinting set to “aggressive” also but set it to normal for sites that I use that don’t work correctly on this setting. Keep in mind that when you set shields for a specific site, those settings will be saved for that particular website so you don’t have to adjust every time. Your global setting for “aggressive” however will be maintained for all other sites visited that have not been individually set.

1 Like

That’s not a solution, that’s a workaround. A solution would be to either fix the mic to work when I enable it a site even if strict blocking of fingerprinting is on, or to disallow users from enabling the mic if strict blocking of fingerprinting is enabled. Right now it acts as if it should work but it doesn’t. Or even a simple warning when mic is enabled that it won’t work with strict and that it’s just there to trick sites into thinking you enabled your mic.

The solution is for you to better understand how the tech works. You cannot block certain functionality on a site, then demand that that functionality works. It would be redundant for “warnings” to be shown to tell you the obvious.

Yeah I know how tech works, you should learn what a solution is and what a workaround is. Brave currently disabled the mic on multiple sites that need the mic because I have strict fingerprint blocking. If strict fingerprint block means mic won’t work, why is brave even bothering to ask me about Mic permissions on those sites? And if it bothers, why not show a warning that enabling the mic requires disabling strict fingerprint blocking?

Maybe one day you will understand why no one cares to respond to you…

I don’t care for replies that start with: “The solution is for you to better understand how the tech works.”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.