Publishing platforms supported by Brave?

Hi i only discovered Brave today. I want to know how i can utilize Brave as a content creator to earn BAT.

Looking at the documentation it seems there are only two ways: if you have your own hosted website or if you are a YouTube creator? Is that right?

What if i have a blog on wordpress.com, or if i create content on platforms like Tumblr or create content for a devblog on itch.io? Is there any way i can utilize Brave while creating content on those platforms? Or is it purely restricted to hosting my own site or publishing on YouTube?

Thanks!

Hi @lukasinspace,

Yes, for now supported platforms is self-hosted website, YouTube and Twitch channel. Twitter and Reddit tipping is in the works.

The team also explore more platforms. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the response @eljuno. Support for Twitter would be cool!

Im interested to know what other platforms the Brave team is exploring? Can you share? Or can you link me to information about which platforms Brave may explore in future if its already been discussed elsewhere?

Thnx

Anywhere you can set a DNS record is generally something supported by the Rewards system. For example, a self-hosted Blogger site would work in this way, even though a Blogger.com site likely would not.

We don’t have a published list of supported platforms AFAIK. Youtube, Twitch, and Wordpress certainly are working great though :slight_smile: Are there are any specific platforms you’d like to see?

1 Like

Hi @Asad thanks for your response. Ill also post your response from another thread below, to keep all info in one place:

You asked if i was interested in any specific platform being supported. The website itch.io would be useful. Gamedevs can use itch to distribute their games and publish devblogs to promote their upcoming titles to the community. We can publish playable demos of our games to get feedback and give a taste of how our games will play.
Would it be possible to support itch.io? So game devs can receive payments / tips if people play our demos or follow our devblogs?

As of Jan 2018 itch.io says allowing custom domains is not a high priority due to complexity. And they recommend:

So would it be possible to make use of Brave and BAT using a redirect as they mention?

1 Like

Bump.
@Asad Could itch.io be supported by Brave?

1 Like

I LOVE itch.io – awesome suggestion and we’ll add it to the list!

I’m not sure if an HTTP redirect would work – there’s a good chance the browser wouldn’t detect this. It’s worth a try though. Let us know if you get it to work!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.