PSA: Venezuela no longer supported by Uphold (or Gemini)

Well, see if they could update the information for you. Especially if you has passport or ID that shows your current address. I know they don’t let you manully update it but I’d think if you provide info and go through KYC/AML they’d update.

1 Like

Thanks @Saoiray

hope to solve this problem

2 Likes

Going into depression mode in 3…2…1. :expressionless:

5 Likes

greeting

mee too :frowning:

I hope it will be solved soon

2 Likes

This is bulls*it. Now I not have reason to keep using this browser. you can’t even use the brave wallet to receive your bats. TREMENDOUS STRATEGY!

3 Likes

Just a FYI, that’s because they would have to get special licenses and even at that, they’d not be able to provide service. Brave is an American company so they would be bound by United States laws. Unfortunately, the reason why places like Uphold no longer are offering service is because of United States sanctions.

Brave is working on something but they don’t want to reveal too much now, as not sure how it will go. If it works, it would provide an option other than a custodial wallet like you see with Uphold and Gemini. Also in the works is an option to allow P2P tipping and all. Just have to be patient and see what happens.

Again, not their choice. It’s governments that are very annoying and causing problems.

4 Likes

Excelente este foro, ahora la pregunta será cómo será nuestro futuro con Brave? Así podamos canjear nuestros BATS a otro sitio, porque Gemini no está disponible o si se puede a la Brave Wallet mucho mejor. Debemos contactar a todos

1 Like

Voy a citar mi post que estaba justo antes del tuyo, sólo para tenerlo también en español. Creo que respondía a tu pregunta.

Sólo para que sepas, eso es porque tendrían que obtener licencias especiales y aún así, no podrían dar servicio. Brave es una empresa estadounidense, por lo que se regiría por las leyes de Estados Unidos. Lamentablemente, la razón por la que lugares como Uphold ya no ofrecen servicio es por las sanciones de Estados Unidos.

Brave está trabajando en algo pero no quieren revelar demasiado ahora, ya que no están seguros de cómo irá. Si funciona, proporcionaría una opción distinta a una cartera de custodia como la que se ve con Uphold y Gemini. También se está trabajando en una opción para permitir las propinas P2P y todo eso. Sólo hay que tener paciencia y ver qué pasa.

BAT will remain within the browser. It should be disconnected from Uphold so your BAT will not go there. If that works we it should, then you will need to claim the BAT each month in Brave Rewards and you’ll be seen as unverified (Unverified). Truthfully, there has been errors in these types of incidents in the past where Brave still tries to send to Uphold even though you can’t receive it. When that happens there will be a delay in your receiving payment and it may be necessary to submit a support ticket so Brave can trace it and unlink your account. I am hopeful that this will not occur this time, but be advised it can happen.

BAT permanecerá dentro del navegador. Debería estar desconectado de Uphold para que tu BAT no vaya allí. Si eso funciona como debería, entonces tendrás que reclamar el BAT cada mes en Brave Rewards y se te verá como no verificado (Unverified). A decir verdad, ha habido errores en este tipo de incidencias en el pasado donde Brave sigue intentando enviar a Uphold aunque no puedas recibirlo. Cuando esto ocurre habrá un retraso en la recepción del pago y puede ser necesario enviar un ticket de soporte para que Brave pueda rastrearlo y desvincular tu cuenta. Espero que esto no ocurra esta vez, pero ten en cuenta que puede suceder.

4 Likes

Unfortunately nobody has any idea how long it will be until another option is available or regions become available in places like Uphold. It will require patience and hopeful thinking. The only thing we do know is that Brave is looking for options and that it is important to them. All of these regions not supported is not good for their business, as they need many users and available regions in order to profit. Though as much as we say that, it is easier said than done. So I would prepare to think it will be months or even years before things happen, though hope it will be much sooner. I just don’t want to tell anyone it will be in a month or two and then have things not happen. It can seem discouraging, but I do suggest being patient and waiting for it.

Por desgracia, nadie tiene ni idea de cuánto tiempo pasará hasta que haya otra opción o regiones disponibles en lugares como Uphold. Habrá que tener paciencia y pensar con esperanza. Lo único que sabemos es que Brave está buscando opciones y que es importante para ellos. Todas estas regiones no soportadas no son buenas para su negocio, ya que necesitan muchos usuarios y regiones disponibles para poder obtener beneficios. Aunque por mucho que digamos eso, es más fácil decirlo que hacerlo. Así que me prepararía para pensar que pasarán meses o incluso años antes de que las cosas sucedan, aunque espero que sea mucho antes. No quiero decirle a nadie que será en un mes o dos y que luego las cosas no sucedan. Puede parecer desalentador, pero sugiero tener paciencia y esperar.

1 Like

Nada dice “Latinoamérica” como caer en dictaduras comunistas…

3 Likes

Bueno, en mi caso yo ya me desconecte de UpHold y creo que me voy a retirar del programa de rewards, para que voy a ver publicidad o recibir algo que no podré cobrar?

1 Like

Hey bro, disculpa lo de ayer y la descarga. Me moleste con justa razon, se comprende el tema de las sanciones. Okey uphold vale tres hectares pero lo que me molesta es que cuenten con tan poquisimas opciones y que la Brave wallet sea un adorno.

Seria mas facil que Brave creara su propio exchange IMO. Un abrazo Saoiray!

4 Likes

Sería mejor o más fácil para nosotros, pero no para Brave. Si Brave hiciera eso, tendría que hacer KYC/AML para todos los usuarios. Además, tendrían que declararse como empresa y obtener todas las licencias para cada país. Todos los ingresos tendrían que ser reportados y sería muy complejo. No es sencillo hacer un banco o un intercambio. Además, aunque lo hicieran, no se eliminarían las sanciones. Esto significa que si Estados Unidos tiene sanciones sobre Venezuela y Brave tuviera su propio intercambio, tendrían que prohibir a Venezuela también debido a las reglas del gobierno.

It would be better or easier for us, but not for Brave. If Brave were to do that, they would have to do KYC/AML for all users. In addition, they would have to file as a business and obtain all licenses for each country. All earnings would have to be reported and it would be very complex. It is not simple to make a bank or exchange. Plus, even if they did, it would not eliminate the sanctions. This means if the United States has sanctions on Venezuela and Brave had their own exchange, they would have to forbid Venezuela as well because of the government rules.

5 Likes

Nice post, hopefully, Brave is well aware of this and is actually motivated to do something about it. They already own me 2 months of rewards for whatever reason my rewards weren’t paid and now this Uphold bull*. All this years getting the service and now that apparently USA is easing their gripe over the country they Uphold decides that now is time to go. F* Uphold and F* USA, F* Gemin and any other institution that takes part in this kind of criminal behavior that only cause damage to the people of the affected countries instead of their govermments.

1 Like

India also not supported now. A huge user base will be lost.

2 Likes

Oye, mente de esclavo, imagino que bajo Putin y Xi Jingpin tu cara color cartón mojado serán tratadas con mucho amor, según tú.

5 Likes

I wonder why… Do you have any information about it?

2 Likes

An official announcement from anybody from the team would be nice.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response bro. I was wondering the same thing about the Brave Wallet, but I imagined that some things were more bigger than Brave itself that prevent the use of said wallet. So, thanks for clearing that up, it was nice of you.

Secondly, I just have a question; So we will still accumulate the bats just that they will not going anywhere at the end of every month(?) right? That will be something hard to see :laughing:

Thirdly, I’ll still using Brave browser. I download it for the BAT more than one year ago and I loved and still loving it since then. It’s faster than Chrome and a lot less annoying. So yep, I’m staying without regrets.

Thanks for your reply Saoiray. We’ll be stay alert for any updates. Take care bro.

2 Likes

He leído todo, agradecido con la explicación. De mi parte me gustaría seguir recibiendo BATs que es un buen extra para los ingresos en internet, algo que resulta complicado buscar un lugar veraz y conciso que pague