PSA: vBAT Sunsetting Notice: Use it by October 31, 2023 or lose it

Brave finally put a notice out officially today to let us know when vBAT is going to be going away. This means anyone who has vBAT but hasn’t connected to a custodial partner, such as Uphold or Gemini, will either need to have tipped the balance away or it will be forever lost.

In regards to any countries getting support before then, it’s unlikely. India is getting Zebpay and no additional countries are likely to be added to Uphold again any time soon.

Gemini is in the air on what’s going on as teams are trying to get it back up and running. As I’m writing this on August 29, 2023, Gemini integration is down for everyone. We’re unsure if it will be back up for United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, and United States or what will happen? Obviously the push is to get all of those back up, but we’ll see what happens.

If you’re in Germany or other countries that haven’t been added, I’m sad to say it’s looking unlikely that they’ll get support to your region before that deadline. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but very unlikely.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.