PSA: Friendly Reminder For People Having Issues with Rewards/Ads

:clap: OP should be marked as Wiki. May be @HighPriestess42 can do it.

Okay, I kind of said it in the bigger post at the start, but figured I’d add a little thing. For Windows, it’s important to turn off Focus Assist, including the settings for “Automatic Rules.” In addition, you need to make sure you have your Notifications turned on for Brave. You don’t have to have the Banner part activated if you don’t want it, but it does need to show in the Notifications Tray without being blocked. Below are screenshots of my settings for both on Windows.

The “Automatic Rules” is what kept screwing my ads up on my PC. I knew I had toggled off Focus Assist and thought it was good. Fortunately I realized it was turning itself on and figured out how to stop it. As for the banner, I just got tired of it popping up in the corner all of the time, so I turned it off and noticed I kept getting ads. So yep, far less annoying but still got them coming in…so long as nothing changes.

1 Like

I don’t understand why running multiple browsers a problem. If I’m using two devices and using a browser in both of them than should I create a different account and different wallet for the other device? This discourages the use of brave rather than promoting it.

@Saoiray excellent summary

@yellowflash I think you misunderstood this:

One example is running multiple browsers with the same ID.

I believe what @Saoiray said was about the wallet payment Id, and the only way you could have the same in different devices is by cloning your HDD/SSD or doing a backup of your browser files (which usually fails) then installing them in another computer/laptop

1 Like

@yellowflash what you’re stating isn’t the issue. Perhaps I’ll edit to clarify since there’s a misunderstanding.The issue is having two browsers with the same exact wallet.

Whenever you install on your phone versus your computer versus anywhere else, they all are going to have different wallet IDs. If you clone this wallet ID into another browser it’s going to assume that it either is having an internal error or that there is some sort of security issue, such as fraud. There should only be one instance of every wallet.

A good example of a person who had an issue from something like that would be at the link below.

2 Likes

Oh okay I get it now. I just assumed same person running multiple browsers was the issue somehow because one of my device got flagged recently for no good reason as I wasn’t doing anything out of the ordinary. Glad it’s not.

This makes sense. But I’ve just realised I have had Focus Assist turned on in my Windows 11, But I’m still getting Brave Rewards popups. Probably a bug - “Brave ignores Windows Focus Assist and still throws up Ad popups”.

@music it all depends on settings and what you’re up to. I’m also not sure if they modified it a bit in Windows 11 or not. I know the default aspect in Windows 10 was to block a lot of stuff, even turning itself on if you had shut it off unless you went in and disabled that automated part. It was a pain.

it all depends on settings and what you’re up to

My Focus Assist is on Alarms Only.

I had turned it on to do a Webex presentation a few weeks ago and forgot to turn Alarms Only Focus Assist off. My Brave Ad popups have still been coming up and earning BAT haha.

Heh, don’t know if you changed it on a Brave level only or found yourself a beneficial bug. Either way, it’s all good! haha

1 Like

@Saoiray Nicely explained sir, Thanks :ok_hand:t2: :ok_hand:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

This doesn’t resolve anything for me. Still don’t get any ads or rewards.

How do I resolve this? I was using the same Brave wallet on all of my PCs by cloning the wallet key. However I’d been using Brave like that for over a year and it was working fine on all systems until I verified with Gemini. I was using the same key on computers at work too.

@romes
According to their guides, cloning the Wallet key is no good. Doing so likely will get your account flagged and unable to earn anything. You resolve that by messaging Mattches, Steeven, or SaltyBanana with the information mentioned in #5 above.

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .
2 Likes

I’d been using them cloned like that since April of 2020 and up till November 2021 all PC’s received ads and rewards. I did receive all of the BAT accrued between then and November 2021 however but don’t get any ads or rewards anymore. I messaged Steeven.

Seems odd it would work fine like that for almost 2 years then all of a sudden get flagged. How was anyone supposed to know? lol

So then just have to create a new wallet on each system and link them all to the same 3rd party wallet provider account?

The whole reason I had all PC’s set up to share the same wallet seed was due to thinking I’d get flagged for using multiple wallets and sending payments to one 3rd party wallet provider. I figured they’d want everyone using the same wallet seed across systems. LOL

So I guess resolution is to just create new wallets? lol

I suspect more users are sharing the same seed / wallet between systems than are not. Just like they do with all other types of wallets.

If with ‘cloning wallet ID’ you mean copying appdata/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser from another install then that’s most likely my issue for not getting any rewards even if homepage ads are showing.

I copied that folder from Nightly over to a new Release install. Rewards were working fine on Nightly but wanted to try Release again and bring my extremely humble earnings along with me as well.

Thank you so much for all your contributions @Saoiray they really help a lot clarifying things - including this post ofc, this should be stickied!

@Drakkos yeah, it’s meant in two ways. Not sure if you followed the links to read official but here’s two different variations of what I was saying that’s on the official help guides.

1 Like